MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I hover over last post, I can't click it because it disappears Sad
Didn't think of that. D:
(2013-04-10, 11:00 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]When I hover over last post, I can't click it because it disappears Sad

Can't believe I overlooked that, thank you.
For people who want this information to be displayed, I don't think hiding it this way is a good solution.

Maybe something like this? (If you love hovers, you can show it on hover.)

[Image: 78QiqPE.png]

Also, -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; would make it look a bit better for webkit mac users.

now:
[Image: GsZIPTJ.png]

after:
[Image: zx1Em8F.png]

DON'T ALWAYS USE THIS – USE IT ONLY FOR LIGHT TEXT ON DARK BACKGROUNDS
(2013-04-11, 01:03 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]For people who want this information to be displayed, I don't think hiding it this way is a good solution.

Maybe something like this? (If you love hovers, you can show it on hover.)

[Image: 78QiqPE.png]

Also, -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; would make it look a bit better for webkit mac users.

now:
[Image: GsZIPTJ.png]

after:
[Image: zx1Em8F.png]

DON'T ALWAYS USE THIS – USE IT ONLY FOR LIGHT TEXT ON DARK BACKGROUNDS

Thanks for the tip, didn't realize that occurred on macs. I'll do some tinkering tomorrow and post some updates Smile
It's not a bug – Macs just have crappy web font rendering when it's light-on-dark. This is to compensate for it.
That dark fusion theme looks really nice.
I'm going to leave my thread listing as it was in the last screenshot I posted for now. I don't mind the indent on read threads and I've actually noticed it's the exact thing most messaging apps in iOS do....

Anyway, I've spent the past day redesigning the profile page to follow the mockup I posted a while back.

[Image: profile_small.png]

Custom profile fields are hidden by default (page tended to be too long otherwise) and hovering a download or video brings up a popover with more info similar to what is done on the home page at rctgo.com. When a user has no downloads or videos, the forum info is moved to the left column to fill out the page better:

[Image: profile_simple_small.png]
Great work Justin! Looks great.
Now that I love. Massive improvement. I'd go so far as to see it's the best profile design I've seen yet - nice work!