MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh yeah, Euan, new thread looks good but you gotta style those buttons and poll inputs.
brad, am I supposed to be able to register on your website using the new theme? I can't seem to do it. It keeps throwing me an error: "The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between 1 and characters", which of course makes no sense. I've tried various password lengths (64, 32, 9, 1) but none of them work, not even on the full registration page.

On a related note, if you forget to fill in a field it gets highlighted and the cursor moves there, with no actual information on what was missing though. It's obvious for a lot of people that you have to fill in the email field or whatever, but it still feels a little weird. One would expect some sort of output from a button that reads "Let's do it". And, of course, there's also screen readers to think of.

Also, I'm curious, do you plan on integrating Facebook and Twitter logins? It seems such an obvious implementation for a forum with an audience as social as yours.
Most public actions: new thread, new post, add somebody to buddylist, like (via my SimpleLikes plugin). All of them can of course be toggled Smile

It's still pretty early on in development, but I plan a release this next week.
Quote:brad, am I supposed to be able to register on your website using the new theme? I can't seem to do it. It keeps throwing me an error: "The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between 1 and characters", which of course makes no sense. I've tried various password lengths (64, 32, 9, 1) but none of them work, not even on the full registration page.

I guess this is what happens when you set the minimum password length in MyBB ACP to blank. Will fix.

Quote:On a related note, if you forget to fill in a field it gets highlighted and the cursor moves there, with no actual information on what was missing though. It's obvious for a lot of people that you have to fill in the email field or whatever, but it still feels a little weird. One would expect some sort of output from a button that reads "Let's do it". And, of course, there's also screen readers to think of.

This is a good point. I wonder if it's possible to have the button display as something else until all fields are validated? That said, I don't think I need an error message for someone who didn't put their email in the email field, or didn't enter a username at all.

Quote:Also, I'm curious, do you plan on integrating Facebook and Twitter logins? It seems such an obvious implementation for a forum with an audience as social as yours.

Waiting for Shade's plugin.
And here's the current new thread form after chatting with Brad for a bit:

[Image: ZdoAMfp.png]

Decided I don't really need polls or attachments at all. I'll be thinking about creating a plugin to upload straight to imgur from the new thread/post pages as the attachment system is kind of... poor.
(2013-04-05, 03:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for Shade's plugin.

Shade's making a plugin for this? Nice. I've been wanting a reliable and secure one for a while.
Thanks. No doubt that plugin will be incredibly popular.
Nice Euan. Need to go back to the drawing board on mine as well, looking very clunky.
@Euantor, I don't think those buttons blend that well with the overall site design. Specially because of those shadows.