MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be last post avatars that are kept in my opinion, but having both is pretty bad aesthetically.
I personally like both, but if you'd remove one imo remove the last poster avatar.
I had both for a while, and eventually I killed off both. Next version, last post avatars are coming back. First post avatars just aren't useful as a communication tool, because they're static – you don't have to see who posted the topic every time you see it. Whereas last post avatars effectively communicate the last poster – something which is actually interesting.

That said, it looks good.
(2013-04-09, 01:19 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I had both for a while, and eventually I killed off both. Next version, last post avatars are coming back. First post avatars just aren't useful as a communication tool, because they're static – you don't have to see who posted the topic every time you see it. Whereas last post avatars effectively communicate the last poster – something which is actually interesting.

That said, it looks good.

I agree with you, imo though last post avatar should be on the index, with original poster being on thread listing.
Why? ...
(2013-04-09, 02:09 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why? ...

I personally find last post on the index useful, but I never end up reading it on threadlist. o.o Usually I'm there looking for a certain thread by a certain person.

(But I'm also weird so maybe I'm way off, lol)
I dunno, I figure people generally look at topics based on the subject – what it's actually about – rather than who made it.
Agreed but on that same point does it really matter who made the last post?
Depends on the site. I'm way more inclined to read the last post if the last poster is someone I find interesting, generally.

Also, does anyone know which Javascript injects sizes into the message editors and consequently how to get it to STOP DOING THAT
What do you mean injects sizes? Of like the editor itself?