MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated to 1.8 Brad? Looking good either way.
Um thinking about setting something like thato my portal, it seems kinda boring if the display don't differentiate from that of general threads.
(2015-03-18, 02:42 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to 1.8 Brad? Looking good either way.

Still on 1.6. :') I'm so scared of what might happen if I try to update to 1.8. This is just a Photoshop mock-up, and I'm not even sure how possible what I need to do is without plugins or core changes. I'll post a larger thread on that soon.

(2015-03-18, 02:50 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Um thinking about setting something like thato my portal, it seems kinda boring if the display don't differentiate from that of general threads.

Not sure what you mean by this.
Just saying that I would like to have something similar for my portal. Full thread display in there seems kinda boring.

BTW, which responsive library/solutions do you guys (or girls) use? Or is it simply CSS codes?
(2015-03-19, 05:25 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying that I would like to have something similar for my portal. Full thread display in there seems kinda boring.

BTW, which responsive library/solutions do you guys (or girls) use? Or is it simply CSS codes?

I'm currently using http://lemonade.im/, it's nice if you want something really simple to build on.
Oh that is for the Grid system. I meant for the overall page.

And unfortunately it seems to require server level installation. Seems nice and easy to use nonetheless.
Quote:and I'm not even sure how possible what I need to do is without plugins or core changes.

From the looks of it the first three boxes are stickied threads in the forum display listing page and the rest are normal threads.

You use xThreads so it could be possible to use different templates for stickied threads. Thread/post preview should be possible without core edits if using the Thread Tooltip Preview plugin by Yumi.

So unless the red line in the 'Latest by brad-t" last post box represents the last post status and not the thread status itself your mockup seems possible enough to me.
Except you're looking at what is hopefully the new index, not a forum. Wink
More complicated indeed but yet possible with plugins and zero core edits depending on the details of how you expect it to work. Luck anyways.
(2015-03-18, 03:02 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-18, 02:42 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to 1.8 Brad? Looking good either way.

Still on 1.6. :') I'm so scared of what might happen if I try to update to 1.8. This is just a Photoshop mock-up, and I'm not even sure how possible what I need to do is without plugins or core changes. I'll post a larger thread on that soon.
Are you going to attempt to create that from the portal? I'd love to see how you end up implimenting it.