MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-23, 07:24 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people put the member list on the top menu? Why do we include this at all, in fact? Do people actually use this? What's the user case for it?

To be honest, I don't know why did i added it there. Maybe because theme is in progress, so I had to add something to test out. Also that can be changed in just few seconds, for me now it's not so important Smile
I have the memberlist and help in the footer; in the header is quick links to areas I think people might want to jump directly to.

The memberlist ? Well, it can maybe help if you have some "high profile" members - maybe it will encourage others to join
Member list being in the header probably has more to do with it being there by default. It's probably not used all that much, but still a useful tool to have. It doesn't need to be in the header, though.
Working on a base framework that we might release alongside our plugin. ^.^

[Image: iM11UzZuL4ZSV.png]
@Eric that looks promising.

@Brad I and many members (at least on my forums) does use memberlist functionality quite a bit. However, it may depend on every forum-to-forum basis.
What do you use the member list for?
To search for members? ^
In order to ...
Highest posting members, newest members, searching for a member to find their profile to write messages or find the posts that member has made; numerous things really. I don't use it at all, but I remember when we removed it our users demanded it back. It definitely doesn't warrant a place in the header menu, but if it's not pushing something important out of the way then it does no harm. Each userbase is different remember.
(2013-06-21, 09:42 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that's the intention, but I don't think anyone's going to throw a fit over something else being posted here ... unless it's like, XF or something.

Alright now that has been clarified, here's something I have thrown together for Asperger's Network.

[Image: 3p6Cv]

Of course, this is a very early beta of all this - I plan to change the way the last post is shown to include a time and may include a description for each board.

Thoughts?