MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Argghh. I forgot to backup my templates and I messed up my images. I can't for the life of me remember how I got template conditionals to do what I wanted to before :'(

Oh well, I'm trying to set up the design a little more like you guys suggested. I'm not a very good designer haha.
Seems better. Sorry for the short answer.
It looks better. Will that layout support 4 in a row? Are you using a fixed or fluid width for the container?
(2013-03-05, 04:15 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Seems better. Sorry for the short answer.
No worries, I didn't change a whole bunch so I wouldn't expect anything else Toungue

(2013-03-05, 09:37 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It looks better. Will that layout support 4 in a row? Are you using a fixed or fluid width for the container?
Yes it will support 4 in a row. And it's fluid.
If your theme is fluid, maybe you can implement something that adapts the number of block per row. I think Leefish has done so for her forum.
(2013-03-05, 07:52 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]If your theme is fluid, maybe you can implement something that adapts the number of block per row. I think Leefish has done so for her forum.

Yes, that was going to be my next point Toungue

What size of screen are you optimising for? I have been playing about a lot with adaptive layouts you see and it looks like the threads are aligned left, I would recommend trying with media queries to adjust the number of threads per row, and maybe align center.

I realise that this is a very basic layout and has many flaws, but you can see that by using divs the theme is a bit more responsive based on screen size.

http://blackcanvas.net/Forum-Abstract-Art-Gallery
[Image: DCPLxhW.png]

While browsing a thread, there are "persistent controls" so no matter where you are on the page, you can search, browse, follow or reply.

[Image: QABwaac.png]

When you reach the bottom of the page, the menu transforms and appears above the Quick Reply box. If you're not on the last page of the thread, the "Next" button is highlighted to encourage the reader to continue.
A great idea Brad. Really invites users to carry on reading thread and makes reading a thread continuously a great deal easier.
Couldn't have finished it without your help! <3