MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't like that the buttons are centered.

The rest of the design seems to follow a left-aligned pattern and the buttons should follow. I think a better configuration would be the big button simply followed by two little buttons - no reason for the compact stacking.
I'd be honest as well Euan, don't like that centered approach, looks well...monotonous. If one button was well stretched and the other two small, it'd look good but it doesn't look appealing currently.
(2013-04-06, 03:54 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Euantor, I don't think those buttons blend that well with the overall site design. Specially because of those shadows.

(2013-04-06, 04:18 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like that the buttons are centered.

The rest of the design seems to follow a left-aligned pattern and the buttons should follow. I think a better configuration would be the big button simply followed by two little buttons - no reason for the compact stacking.

(2013-04-06, 05:28 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be honest as well Euan, don't like that centered approach, looks well...monotonous. If one button was well stretched and the other two small, it'd look good but it doesn't look appealing currently.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate the honesty Smile I shall see what I can do with them today.
After redesigning pretty much every other section of the website, I've decided it's time for the Forums to get some love, too:

[Image: newheader_small.png]

First step is redesigning the header to slim down the ad block (current layout). Next up: the thread listing. I'm also going to finally get to the new proflile I planned quite a while back... along with a bunch of other things.
Justin, for the ad block: What if you merged it with the menu bar above, so that it seems more like an extension rather than its own container? Like match the color and remove the top border.

Also, I'm not a fan of the image popping out of the container, to me it seems like you accidentally sized it incorrectly. That effect would probably work better if the ad's color coordinated, but since its so different from the website I think it should be integrated better.
Agree on the ad. Is that button an image or CSS with a background image?
Revised ad styling...

The button in the last screenshot was an (old) image. I've just started tackling the thread listing - it's a CSS button in this screenshot (the rest of the page is a mess):

[Image: newheader_2_small.png]
Much better, but I find the overlap with the bar still a bit jarring.
I agree with Zash on the idea of merging the ad block and the bar above it. It looks kind of, as Brad said, jarring or a little out of place with the border and different color.
How about this?

[Image: newheader_alt_small.png]

(And thanks for the feedback so far, lots of work remains!)