MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would you add a font-awesome icon to the "myalerts_headericon" template?
Hi Euan, for example, say I have 3 alerts in the alerts counter, so the counter shows: Alerts (3)
now in the user control panel, when I click "View Alerts, or Alert Settings" it causes the Alerts count in the Alerts counter in the header to go back to zero,
like this: Alerts (0)
any way to fix this?
(2017-02-04, 04:44 PM)Gershon Wrote: [ -> ]How would you add a font-awesome icon to the "myalerts_headericon" template?
Depends on the icon you want to use, but you can just edit the template and add (for example):

<i class="fa fa-bell" aria-hidden="true"></i>

(2017-02-05, 07:37 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan, for example, say I have 3 alerts in the alerts counter, so the counter shows: Alerts (3)
now in the user control panel, when I click "View Alerts, or Alert Settings" it causes the Alerts count in the Alerts counter in the header to go back to zero,
any way to fix this?

Hi,

This is expected behaviour as far as I remember (though it's been a while since I looked at the code). Viewing the alert list in the User CP marks the alerts as read.
I'd pay you for an update of this Toungue
(2017-02-05, 01:55 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]I'd pay you for an update of this Toungue

Unfortunately that wouldn't help me find the time needed to update it. I will try and get an update out within the next month or two though!
(2017-02-05, 02:07 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-05, 01:55 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]I'd pay you for an update of this Toungue

Unfortunately that wouldn't help me find the time needed to update it. I will try and get an update out within the next month or two though!

Can I volunteer to do your chores so we can save you some time?

Laundry?
Cook your meals?
University thesis?
(2017-02-05, 10:49 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 04:44 PM)Gershon Wrote: [ -> ]How would you add a font-awesome icon to the "myalerts_headericon" template?
Depends on the icon you want to use, but you can just edit the template and add (for example):

<i class="fa fa-bell" aria-hidden="true"></i>

(2017-02-05, 07:37 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan, for example, say I have 3 alerts in the alerts counter, so the counter shows: Alerts (3)
any way to fix this?

Hi,

This is expected behaviour as far as I remember (though it's been a while since I looked at the code). Viewing the alert list in the User CP marks the alerts as read.

Thanks man! The plugin rocks, I appreciate the answer, and now it makes perfect sense!
Hello lads, quick question on installing this plugin.

https://gyazo.com/fc803d82714b9d1b72927a8595845d71

On the plugin download, there's files like 'inc' and 'images' which obviosuly tell where I'd place those files, but where do I place Tablestructure.sql and alerts.php?

Do I place it on the root mybb folder? Some cheeky orientation would be appreciated Wink
Just under /forum/ so not in a specific folder (e.g. thats the place before /inc) Wink
You don't need to upload "Table Structure.sql", but you need to upload "alerts.php" to the root (next to "index.php", "show thread.php", and others).

You will also need PluginLibrary, and Plugins.Core which is found here: https://github.com/MyBBStuff/Plugins.Core

For Plugins.Core, upload "ClassLoader.php" to inc/plugins/MybbStuff/Core/ClassLoader.php