MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-04-10, 03:22 AM)misticjeff Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! worked like a charm!  Thank You very much for all your assistance!

You're very welcome. Glad to hear it solved your problem.
(2023-04-04, 01:17 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-04, 01:10 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I renamed both errorlogs in the root and admin and retried installing MyAlerts...navigated the front end and got the whitescreen.  Looked back in admin folder and no new errorlog!  No new errorlog in root either. 

Yep, I've encountered this sort of situation quite a bit myself, and haven't been able to work out why it occurs: sometimes, inexplicably, error messages are simply utterly suppressed. The only way I've found to debug in situations like this is to insert debug output lines into PHP files to narrow down the exact line which is causing execution to halt. I'd be really interested if anybody can explain why this occurs and how to solve it, because it's wasted a heap of my time.

I finally figured it out, and it was pretty simple: this happens when a fatal PHP error (such as a syntax error) occurs and the php.ini directive display_errors is turned off, which it is by default on production servers. MyBB's error handling isn't triggered for fatal errors, at least not in version 1.8 - the situation has improved in 1.9 - so the only way to catch them (and avoid a blank page) is to (even if only temporarily) turn this php.ini directive on.
Activated the plugin and I get a sql error, what have i done wrong?

Here is the log
Type: 20
File:  (Line no. 0)
SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 't.can_be_user_disabled' in 'where clause'
Query:                 SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                INNER JOIN mybb_alert_types t ON (a.alert_type_id = t.id)
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;
Back Trace: #0  errorHandler->email_error(20, SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 't.can_be_user_disabled' in 'where clause'
Query:                 SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;, , 0) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/class_error.php:229]
#1  errorHandler->error(20, Array ([error_no] => 1054,[error] => Unknown column 't.can_be_user_disabled' in 'where clause',[query] =>                 SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;)) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/db_mysqli.php:606]
#2  DB_MySQLi->error(                SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/db_mysqli.php:342]
#3  DB_MySQLi->query(                SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;, 0, 1) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/db_mysqli.php:375]
#4  DB_MySQLi->write_query(                SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_alerts a
                WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 1 AND a.unread = 1;) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertManager.php:477]
#5  MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertManager->getNumUnreadAlerts() called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:753]
#6  myalerts_global_start() called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/inc/class_plugins.php:142]
#7  pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array ([function] => myalerts_global_start,[file] => )) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/global.php:100]
#8  require_once(/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/global.php) called at [/home/vol4_8/mgxweb.cf/www/htdocs/index.php:18]
There's a column - can_be_user_disabled - missing from one of the tables - mybb_alert_types - that the plugin creates at install time. It seems that, somehow, that column has been dropped. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin will probably resolve this problem, but you'll lose all alert data if you do that.
The strange thing is that if users tag me, the plugin works. When I tag others, the others don't get the notification.
If Euan will agree with the proposal - Laird and me could maintain MyAlerts plugin and add few more features... all is ready from our side. We will see Smile
(2023-06-25, 06:21 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]If Euan will agree with the proposal - Laird and me could maintain MyAlerts plugin and add few more features... all is ready from our side. We will see Smile

I think this is a very good idea also because, if I am not mistaken, this important plugin has not been updated for five years more or less.
Hi guys!  I am building a new forum (again, LOL) I installed MyAlerts and the master pack of extra alerts...everything seems to work with activating the alerts but when I click on the Alert link to view a new alert, I get a whitescreen...no error msg.  What would cause this and how can I fix it, please?
Make sure your php.ini display_errors setting is switched on. That should result in an error message being shown rather than a white screen. If so, please post that error message here.
(2023-06-27, 12:02 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your php.ini display_errors setting is switched on. That should result in an error message being shown rather than a white screen. If so, please post that error message here.

I'm sorry, where do I find that setting?  I have been away from MyBB for a bit!

I found it in my WHM...

I turned it on but no error!

url: alpharomeo15.org