MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the effective php.ini file. Which one is effective depends on some search criteria which I don't know offhand. Easiest way to find which one it is is to create a file phpinfo.php or something like that with these contents:
<php
phpinfo();
Browse to that file and note in the output page the file location beside "Loaded Configuration File". That's the file you need to edit.

Alternatively, some hosting control panels such as cPanel provide a means to edit php.ini settings via their web interface. Dig around in there or contact your hosting provider to find out.

Oh, and sometimes it's possible to do via your site's .htaccess file if supported by your web server. You'd add this to that file:
php_flag display_errors on
(2023-06-27, 12:37 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]In the effective php.ini file. Which one is effective depends on some search criteria which I don't know offhand. Easiest way to find which one it is is to create a file phpinfo.php or something like that with these contents:
<php
phpinfo();
Browse to that file and note in the output page the file location beside "Loaded Configuration File". That's the file you need to edit.

Alternatively, some hosting control panels such as cPanel provide a means to edit php.ini settings via their web interface. Dig around in there or contact your hosting provider to find out.

Oh, and sometimes it's possible to do via your site's .htaccess file if supported by your web server. You'd add this to that file:
php_flag display_errors on

I found it in cPanel and turned it to ON but again, when I try to click Alerts(1) I get a white screen with no error...should the error show there or in a hidden error file somewhere?
The error should show there. I don't know why it's not showing. Just to be 100% your change took effect, you could try creating the simple file I described in my last post and searching for display_errors in its output and making sure its Local Value is "On".

Also try turning display_startup_errors on and checking that it takes effect. And let us know the value of error_reporting.

I'll probably be away for a few hours so if anyone else wants to chime in in the meantime to help out then please go ahead.
(2023-06-27, 01:04 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]The error should show there. I don't know why it's not showing. Just to be 100% your change took effect, you could try creating the simple file I described in my last post and searching for display_errors in its output and making sure its Local Value is "On".

Also try turning display_startup_errors on and checking that it takes effect. And let us know the value of error_reporting.

I'll probably be away for a few hours so if anyone else wants to chime in in the meantime to help out then please go ahead.

I think I got it!  I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it seems to be working now!  I have to test a little more but no white screen when I click on the alert link!  That's a good start, LOL!
Why is it that when I activate the plugin, users do not receive tag notifications? When they tag me, however, I receive the notifications. Users only receive notifications when they receive a thank you.
(2023-06-27, 01:20 PM)SELLECK87 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that when I activate the plugin, users do not receive tag notifications? When they tag me, however, I receive the notifications. Users only receive notifications when they receive a thank you.

Maybe because the users in question have turned off that alert type in their settings at alerts.php?action=settings (accessible via the User CP's left sidebar under "Alerts" and then below that "Alert Settings").

What do you mean by a "tag" notification anyway? It doesn't seem to correspond to a core alert type provided by MyAlerts, so maybe it's provided by another plugin which integrates with MyAlerts, such as DVZ Mentions. Can you please clarify?
Hi guys...I still have a minor issue with MyAlerts...it added Alert links to the UserCP Nav menu but they are orphaned up top of the menu!  How can I move them down the menu to where they belong?

[attachment=46106]
Check that the myalerts_usercp_nav template (added by this plugin) uses HTML compatible with your theme's usercp_nav template - it (myalerts_usercp_nav) is appended to the $usercpmenu variable which is used in that template.
(2023-06-28, 01:45 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Check that the myalerts_usercp_nav template (added by this plugin) uses HTML compatible with your theme's usercp_nav template - it (myalerts_usercp_nav) is appended to the $usercpmenu variable which is used in that template.

Here is the myalerts_usercp_nav code
<li role="presentation"><a href="usercp.php?action=alerts"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></li>

<li role="presentation"><a href="usercp.php?action=alert_settings"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-cogs fa-fw"></i> {$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_settings}</a></li>

<li role="presentation"><a href="usercp.php?action=deleteReadAlerts&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" onclick="return confirm('{$lang->myalerts_delete_read_confirm}')">
<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-folder-o fa-fw"></i> {$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_read}</a></li>

<li role="presentation"><a href="usercp.php?action=deleteAllAlerts&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" onclick="return confirm('{$lang->myalerts_delete_all_confirm}')">
<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-ban fa-fw"></i> {$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_all}</a></li>

Here is my usercp_nav code
<td width="{$lang->ucp_nav_width}" valign="top">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tbody>
	<tr>
		<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->ucp_nav_menu}</strong></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_home"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i>  {$lang->ucp_nav_home}</a></td>
	</tr>
</tbody>
{$usercpmenu}
</table>
</td>

I am not sure about compatibility?
(2023-06-28, 01:50 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure about compatibility?

Then let me offer some certainty: poor to non-existent.

Try replacing those contents of myalerts_usercp_nav with its default contents.