MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-10-25, 09:42 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow, then, between running that insert query the first time, and running it the second time, the six inserted alert types have been deleted. I can't see anything in the code that would do this other than the plugin being uninstalled, so, either you've done that, or some other plugin has done it for some inexplicable reason, or something else has happened that needs figuring out.

I probably deleted it somehow when trying to fix it, that could be the case. Do you think it is going to work now? I need to rebuild the plugin's cache, right?
Yep, it should work after rebuilding the plugin's cache.
(2023-10-25, 10:19 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, it should work after rebuilding the plugin's cache.

I tried and I got error 500 in return. 

"cache is empty" I tested with liked and didn't receive any Alerts. Alert Settings is still empty...
(2023-10-26, 12:52 AM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]I tried and I got error 500 in return. 

There's your problem. Check your error logs and/or contact your host to find out why.
Quick question : shouldn't the linke "new alerts" show up in a different color if you have more than 0 alert (aka you do have alerts) ?

When I look at the template / CSS it seems that "alerts--new" is added, and should refer to the myalerts css file, but apparently that's not the case for me.

How do I fix this ?

<li class="alerts alerts--new">
    <a href="https://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum/alerts.php" class="myalerts" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('/alerts.php?modal=1&amp;ret_link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.501stfrenchgarrison.com%2F%2Fforum%2Findex.php', { fadeDuration: 250, zIndex: (typeof modal_zindex !== 'undefined' ? modal_zindex : 9999) }); return false;">Alertes
        (2)</a>
</li>

Thanks a bunch !
The styling for the alerts-new class is in the default alerts.css file between (inclusively) lines 33 and 36:

.alerts--new a {
	color: red !important;
	font-weight: normal;
}

I'm told by git blame that it was added in 2019 in a commit by @Eldenroot.

To fix, simply add those lines (customised, if you prefer) to your alerts.css stylesheet for your theme(s) via the ACP's Templates & Style module.
I do have them in the css, it's just not doing anything. From the dev tool in my browser the property is not being passed to that element though. CSS file is loaded.
Something must be overriding it then. Try to identify why using dev tools (disabling specific properties by unchecking them might help you to identify which particular rule is the override).
(2023-10-30, 11:47 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Something must be overriding it then. Try to identify why using dev tools (disabling specific properties by unchecking them might help you to identify which particular rule is the override).

Weird thing is the alert.css gone is indeed loaded. But the property doesn't show up in chrome dev tool. When it's overridden it does show up in that tool and it's stricked out
See here.