MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Yes you could mark the number in red by wrapping it in a <span> or some other tag and selecting it with CSS.
(2016-02-21, 10:14 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes you could mark the number in red by wrapping it in a <span> or some other tag and selecting it with CSS.

hmm how do I do it exactly, so it is red when there are new alerts?  Blush

OK brother I figured it out.

In global css u add:
.alerts.alerts--new span{
    color: red !important;   
font-weight:bold;
font-family:arial;
} 

In myalerts_headericon template u change:

{$lang->myalerts_alerts}({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})

to:

{$lang->myalerts_alerts}
      (<span>{$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']}</span>)

result:
[Image: 2urrthg.jpg]
There's an easy way to do it without core editions.

For those who seeks some customization effects apply this stylesheet changes.

https://github.com/WhiteNeo/MyAlerts/blo...alerts.css

See yah !!!
think I may of found a bug, but I'm not sure which of these actions caused it...

a user had registered on the forum twice and then asked me to rename his account. I merged his two accounts and then renamed his account to what he wanted it to be. myalerts shows the alert, but without a username and the avatar on the alert page is linked as so: http://mysite.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=0

[Image: 4PmljDM.jpg]
Interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can find the root cause.
(2016-02-23, 07:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can find the root cause.

It feels like you spend more time investigating issues rather than developing the cool new features. Sad
(2016-02-23, 07:45 PM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 07:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can find the root cause.

It feels like you spend more time investigating issues rather than developing the cool new features. Sad

Unfortunately that is the way it often goes. Trying to support a plugin that adds major features can be challenging - sometimes due to bugs, sometimes due to the way other plugins interact.
Hello!

So I tried to install MyAlerts on a fresh install of MyBB 1.8.6 and got a couple things happening.

First, when I go to hit "Activate & Install" on the plugin, it says it's already installed and just has "Activate" or "Uninstall" on the plugin itself. When I try to hit "Activate", it gives me this:

[Image: x0NBiEO.png]

I followed your instructions here and ran the query, but it gave me this:

[Image: jplAPaV.png]

When I manage to get into the plugin area, and I try to uninstall, I get this error:

[Image: BkkYhPM.png]

I'm not sure what happened when this is the first time I've tried to install MyAlerts (the most recent version provided here on the community extend area) and it gave me these errors. :/
Hi,

The users table is missing a column too, can you run this query too and try uninstalling again:

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD myalerts_disabled_alert_types TEXT NOT NULL;
Okay, so I tried to do as you said, and ran the other query so I could deactivate the plugin, which worked, and then I hit uninstall, it gave me that problem up there, but I ran the query you gave me in the previous post and it let me uninstall, but it still looks like this:

[Image: u7xie2g.png]