MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, everyone might have their own preferences, right? I think Facebook is the de facto standard for handling notifications, and here's how they do it:

1. Whenever you open the notifications pane by clicking it, the unread badge marker changes to 0. This marks them all as read.

2. Facebook keeps a blue background for items you haven't clicked on. This is a nice-to-have but not necessary.

I think opening the pane to review notifications should mark them as read, it's too much work to either manually "mark as read" or have to click on items I'm not interested in for the notification to go away.

Am I misunderstanding?
(2016-08-01, 06:21 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Well, everyone might have their own preferences, right? I think Facebook is the de facto standard for handling notifications, and here's how they do it:

1. Whenever you open the notifications pane by clicking it, the unread badge marker changes to 0. This marks them all as read.

2. Facebook keeps a blue background for items you haven't clicked on. This is a nice-to-have but not necessary.

I think opening the pane to review notifications should mark them as read, it's too much work to either manually "mark as read" or have to click on items I'm not interested in for the notification to go away.

Am I misunderstanding?

Sounds right to me, and is exactly how it used to work (minus the blue background). I thought it made sense too, but was told otherwise.

I think people who were complaining wanted it more like GitHub, which seems to sometimes mark them as read by just opening the notification page (there's no dropdown or anything, just a page) but usually requires you to click on them or on the "mark all as read" button.

Changing the behaviour back isn't too hard as the methods are still there, I just have to wire them up again. I'll look at reverting the change.
Hello,

is the new version going to have a fix/check for this:

"I often have an alert about a like or reply and then i navigate to the thread by clicking on the specific forum -> threads instead of clicking on the alert itself. As soon as I'm in the thread the "1 Alert" does not disappear although i already read the thread which it referred too. It would be cool if this can be fixed e.g. by adding something like !isVisited as a condition somewhere. "
Hopefully, though it has been planned for a while.
Hey, for some reason when you click on "Alerts" to open the popup box and click on the "delete all alerts", it opens a 406 error.
(2016-08-02, 10:40 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, for some reason when you click on "Alerts" to open the popup box and click on the "delete all alerts", it opens a 406 error.

That's bizarre. A HTTP 406 error means "Not Acceptable", so no idea what's causing that. What browser are you using?
(2016-08-03, 08:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-02, 10:40 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, for some reason when you click on "Alerts" to open the popup box and click on the "delete all alerts", it opens a 406 error.

That's bizarre. A HTTP 406 error means "Not Acceptable", so no idea what's causing that. What browser are you using?

I tried it on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on the iPhone. Doesn't work on any, unfortunately.
(2016-08-03, 10:16 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried it on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on the iPhone. Doesn't work on any, unfortunately.

Can you send me the URL and details for a test account? I have no idea what would be causing this.
(2016-08-04, 02:06 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-03, 10:16 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you send me the URL and details for a test account? I have no idea what would be causing this.

Thanks for helping. I have sent the URL.
No problem, I'll take a look today Smile