MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have also issues encountering using this plugin. Sad

[Image: muWAuYm.png]

I'm using FlatOne theme for my website
Hi,

The problem is your theme doesn't use the standard tables to produce the user CP menu. I can't support every theme out of the box, so you'll either have to ask the theme author, look at the template or send me admin details so I can fix it for you if I get time.
(2016-02-05, 11:15 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The problem is your theme doesn't use the standard tables to produce the user CP menu. I can't support every theme out of the box, so you'll either have to ask the theme author, look at the template or send me admin details so I can fix it for you if I get time.

I'll PM you about the admin details sir Smile thank you!
I didn't want the myalerts headericon to be visible when there are no new alerts so i changed some line in myalerts.php

Around line 748:
		if ($mybb->user['unreadAlerts']) {
			$newAlertsIndicator = 'alerts--new ';
		} 

$myalerts_headericon = eval($templates->render('myalerts_headericon'));

To:
		if ($mybb->user['unreadAlerts']) {
			$newAlertsIndicator = 'alerts--new ';
			$myalerts_headericon = eval($templates->render('myalerts_headericon'));
		}

Maybe this is usable for others to.

Maybe an setting could be implemented:
Only show headericon on new alerts: yes / no
(2015-12-13, 10:21 PM)thereefforum Wrote: [ -> ]im having two issues with myelrts 2.0.2 im hoping someone can help me with im running mybb 1.8.5 , the plugin seems to have installed correctly and the alerts come in but these are the issues im having right now

when you click delete alerts it says

"really delete all alerts? this cannot be undone "

but nothing happens when you click ok the alerts wont delete they just pile up

the other issue im having is when you click on the link of the alert that it notifies you of it takes you to my main page vs the tread that the link is for? is there an way to change where it directs you?

is there an easy way  to fix this issue?

tanks in advance

thereefforum

please....is there anyone who can help with this im still having these issues where the alerts wont delete or take you to the alert being notified.............its kinda like getting constant email notifications that  you cant read , delete or do anything with lol 

any help is appreciated thanks in advanceSmile
^ you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) [note: you may have to wait for few hours for checking it]
Hello, I would like to notice that after installing this plugin on a fresh install of MyBB, at my local server, I was getting SQL errors with error 1064, whenever accessing /alerts.php. And after installing at another forum at a remote server, I was getting 500 Internal Server Error.

Turns out that changing the permissions of /inc/settings.php from 644 to 666 fixed the problem. It never happened with any other plugin I have installed so far. Can someone explain to me why these permissions are necessary? And can this detail be included in the Readme as a requirement?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

i keep getting this error when posting as guest in my forum. Do you maybe know what to do?

Fatal error: Call to a member function getByCode() on boolean in /www/htdocs/w014399f/quinchona.echoed.de/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 891
(2016-02-12, 09:18 PM)MangaD Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to notice that after installing this plugin on a fresh install of MyBB, at my local server, I was getting SQL errors with error 1064, whenever accessing /alerts.php. And after installing at another forum at a remote server, I was getting 500 Internal Server Error.

Turns out that changing the permissions of /inc/settings.php from 644 to 666 fixed the problem. It never happened with any other plugin I have installed so far. Can someone explain to me why these permissions are necessary? And can this detail be included in the Readme as a requirement?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

What was the SQL error? Also, did you try checking the server error log for details about the 500 Internal Server Error? Changing the chmod shouldn't make any difference - this plugin doesn't use that file at all.
(2016-02-12, 09:44 PM)Nejou Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

i keep getting this error when posting as guest in my forum. Do you maybe know what to do?

Fatal error: Call to a member function getByCode() on boolean in /www/htdocs/w014399f/quinchona.echoed.de/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 891

Hi,

That's strange. I'll look into this and fix it.
(2016-02-12, 10:29 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

What was the SQL error? Also, did you try checking the server error log for details about the 500 Internal Server Error? Changing the chmod shouldn't make any difference - this plugin doesn't use that file at all.

Forget the SQL 1064 error, I think that was on an outdated version I installed prior. Then I cloned from the git repository. And the error I got this time was (on local fresh install):
  • View Alerts | Delete Alerts:
    The following warnings occurred:
    Warning [2] Division by zero - Line: 354 - File: alerts.php PHP 5.6.11-1ubuntu3.1 (Linux)
    File Line Function
    /alerts.php 354 errorHandler->error
    /alerts.php 50 myalerts_view_alerts
  • Alert Settings - It is empty, there are no settings.
On the other forum I just got the 500 error, but I assume it is for the same reason, because it had the same solution. I changed the chmod of inc/settings.php to 666, uninstalled the plugin and installed again, the settings are there and no more warnings (so the problem is that the settings weren't set at the installation for some reason).

How you can reproduce this:
  • If you have the plugin installed or installed it before:
    • Uninstall the plugin;
    • Go to inc/settings.php and remove the lines concerning the MyAlerts settings.
  • chmod the file to 644
  • Install the plugin
  • Try to view the alerts or the settings...

Btw, after installing the plugin, the file can be set to 644 again, it will work fine.