MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-07-06, 08:24 AM)Mahesh1771 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan T,

Hope you're well.

I've uploaded all the files for myAlerts as described but when I upload the file inc/plugins/myalerts.php and check the UI plugins section everything disappears. I cannot find other plugins or any details. When I remove the file then everything looks fine, any fix please  Confused

I've attached the image as well. 

thanks in advance

That's because you did not include ClassLoader.php . Check the instructions on page 1
@REP+ME any particular reason?
Hi everyone,

I am using DVZ Mention and I installed my alerts so that people mentioned get an alert.

UCP does show a bunch of alert settings you can mess with as a user, but I don't see the options for "mention related alerts".

Found the text in language files, translated it, but doesn't seem to be doing anything as far as I can tell.

Not sure either if it's a mention plugin problem or one with alerts...

I have installed the "post" integration thing for DVZ, although I don't see anything changed in options for either plugins.

What am I missing exactly ?
Someone pointed out to me on discord that you need to install the plugins in the proper order for this to work, and indeed that fixed my problem.

On to the next one : if I have one alert the popup doesn't open when I click.

It does work fine when I don't have an alert, and I can open alerts.php in a new tab and it's ok. But the popup doesn't work though Sad
I have alerts; but the popup doesn't open. If I open the alerts link on another tab, it opens empty. I don't have that problem on my local copy of MyBB, only on the hosted one. I'm running PHP 7.3.7 on my local copy and the host is running PHP 8.0.3.

Further testing.... I uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin. The plugin began working properly with old alerts; but I added mentions (MentionMe), and it stopped opening the popup with the new ones. BTW, I'm testing it with MentionMe.
(2022-10-30, 03:13 PM)Betsemes Wrote: [ -> ]I have alerts; but the popup doesn't open. If I open the alerts link on another tab, it opens empty. I don't have that problem on my local copy of MyBB, only on the hosted one. I'm running PHP 7.3.7 on my local copy and the host is running PHP 8.0.3.

Further testing.... I uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin. The plugin began working properly with old alerts; but I added mentions (MentionMe), and it stopped opening the popup with the new ones. BTW, I'm testing it with MentionMe.

For the popup not opening, check your browser console for CORS policy problems. I had a similar problem and someone helped me with it on the discord :

https://discord.com/channels/21587684763...8443405342
(2022-11-01, 09:30 AM)Harlock Wrote: [ -> ]For the popup not opening, check your browser console for CORS policy problems. I had a similar problem and someone helped me with it on the discord :

Thank you. I'll look into it.
(2022-11-01, 02:59 PM)Betsemes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-01, 09:30 AM)Harlock Wrote: [ -> ]For the popup not opening, check your browser console for CORS policy problems. I had a similar problem and someone helped me with it on the discord :

Unfortunately, I did what's suggested on discord and it didn't work. The response shown on the console makes matters harder since it's a generic "500 Internal Server Error".

However, the request is "GET https://asianidols.x10.mx/alerts.php?mod...s.x10.mx//". So could that double slash at the end of it be the problem?

(2022-11-03, 02:10 PM)Betsemes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-01, 02:59 PM)Betsemes Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately, I did what's suggested on discord and it didn't work. The response shown on the console makes matters harder since it's a generic "500 Internal Server Error".

However, the request is "GET https://asianidols.x10.mx/alerts.php?mod...s.x10.mx//". So could that double slash at the end of it be the problem?

I changed the PHP version to 7.3 and the plugin is working perfectly, the popup is being displayed. The problem seems to be PHP version related.
You guys are more than welcome to pop over to QB64 Phoenix Edition, make an account, and test things out for yourselves if you need to see what I'm talking about in action.  Wink

The icons on my forum have suddenly decided to go on strike, right after I installed the MyAlerts. (These guys, below, which are normally to the left side of a forum to show its status.)

Quote:Forum Contains New Posts
Forum Contains No New Posts
Forum is Closed
Redirect Forum

Right now, I can log in and if there hasn't been any activity in a forum, the icon is clear like it should be for "Forum Contains No New Posts".

Once someone updates a topic/post inside that forum, the icon changes properly to black, so it's "Forum Contains New Posts".

At that point, it's forevermore "Forem Contains New Posts".   Read the posts.  Click the icons.  Click the "Mark all forums read" link.  Nothing changes the icon -- once it's blackened for "New Posts", it doesn't ever clear back up again.

Any idea on what might be causing this?  Or how I could fix it and get that toggle working once again?   (Disabling the MyAlerts plug in fixes the issue, but that's not what I'm shooting for, as what I'm wanting is to have the alerts AND the forum notification icons working nicely together.)  Wink

All thoughts and insights are more than appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.  Smile
After upgrading to 1.8.33 I can no longer click the "read" check mark on the alerts modal and on the alerts user cp page. I have to delete all alerts in order for the number to go away.