MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-10-15, 10:29 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-10, 03:26 PM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]My alert settings is empty, I only have "Save Settings" button. What went wrong here?

I don't know, but I had a similar problem way back when I first installed the plugin. Euan gave me a solution which worked:

https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts/issues/210

Tried it and didn't work... where exactly do you place the .sql file?
(2023-10-16, 02:31 AM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it and didn't work... where exactly do you place the .sql file?

You run the SQL on your MyBB database, using a database client program such as the popular web app phpMyAdmin (usually available from your web hosting control panel) or the standard command-line client mysql.
(2023-10-16, 09:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-16, 02:31 AM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it and didn't work... where exactly do you place the .sql file?

You run the SQL on your MyBB database, using a database client program such as the popular web app phpMyAdmin (usually available from your web hosting control panel) or the standard command-line client mysql.

Then I don't know what went wrong. I installed it as it should, all files are ok and placed where they should be, it was the first plugin I installed and it doesn't work...
did you run the sql in PhpMyAdmin as Laird said?
(2023-10-20, 03:54 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]did you run the sql in PhpMyAdmin as Laird said?

Yes, and did all the commands from the GitHub page as well
(2023-10-21, 04:13 PM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-20, 03:54 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]did you run the sql in PhpMyAdmin as Laird said?

Yes

What return do you now get when running this SQL in phpMyAdmin?

SELECT * FROM `mybb_alert_types`;

And did you rebuild the mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_types cache via the ACP?
(2023-10-21, 10:20 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-21, 04:13 PM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes

What return do you now get when running this SQL in phpMyAdmin?

SELECT * FROM `mybb_alert_types`;

And did you rebuild the mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_types cache via the ACP?

I get: "MySQL returned an empty set (e.g. zero records). (Query took 0.0314 seconds.)" (I used google translate for this phrase) 
And yes I did, but I can't tell it worked cause I didn't see no difference... Maybe I didn't run the SQL correctly?
(2023-10-23, 11:38 PM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I didn't run the SQL correctly?

That seems likely. Here it is again:

INSERT INTO `mybb_alert_types` (`code`, `enabled`, `can_be_user_disabled`) VALUES ('rep', 1, 0), ('pm', 1, 0), ('buddylist', 1, 0), ('quoted', 1, 0), ('post_threadauthor', 1, 0), ('subscribed_thread', 1, 0); 

What response do you get when running that code in phpMyAdmin?
(2023-10-24, 02:57 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-23, 11:38 PM)GenArchivist Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I didn't run the SQL correctly?

That seems likely. Here it is again:

INSERT INTO `mybb_alert_types` (`code`, `enabled`, `can_be_user_disabled`) VALUES ('rep', 1, 0), ('pm', 1, 0), ('buddylist', 1, 0), ('quoted', 1, 0), ('post_threadauthor', 1, 0), ('subscribed_thread', 1, 0); 

What response do you get when running that code in phpMyAdmin?

"6 lines inserted.
Inserted row id: 6 (Query took 0.0032 seconds.)"
I remember to get the same message the first time I tried
Somehow, then, between running that insert query the first time, and running it the second time, the six inserted alert types have been deleted. I can't see anything in the code that would do this other than the plugin being uninstalled, so, either you've done that, or some other plugin has done it for some inexplicable reason, or something else has happened that needs figuring out.