MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-19, 05:35 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-19, 04:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-19, 12:57 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Euan T - I really appreciate the work you're doing on this. I was just wondering though if you have an ETA for the next point release with some of the bug fixes that have been mentioned? I would really like to add the plugin to IcyBoards, and a few people have actually requested it already, but don't want to do so if a new point release is going to be out soon. If it's going to be a while yet, I'll add the current version this weekend. I, of all people, totally understand the problem of trying to find time. Smile

Hey, I'm planning for the next point release to be out next weekend (28th June). I'm away on business for the first part of this week, but will be bug squashing the rest of the week to try and iron out the current known issues. SimpleLikes will also hopefully be released at this time.

Perfect! Feel free to reach out if you need a hand with testing anything.

Alright, much appreciated.
I've been working on 2.0.3 today, fixed the below bugs. Any major ones I might have missed:
  • Possible null reference exception when viewing alert.
  • Load Modal via AJAX (Thanks @Omar G!).
  • Prevent alert spam for thread author when quoted.
  • Fix warnings about language keys not being set.
  • Fixed error about DirectoryIterator::getExtension on PHP < 5.3.6.
  • Centering "no alerts" text in the modal.

The aim is to fix bugs and minor issues. Major enhancements will come in 2.1.0, this release will just be a patch release.

If I haven't missed anything obvious, we should be good to release next week/weekend.
Is making it so quotes and replies to a thread are aggregated into one alert (if you remember my previous post) classed as important? Is that the alert spam? It makes the plugin more of a nuisance than a bonus as it is. Which gives me a sadface Sad
In server usage 2.0 serie use very less than 1.0.5? If it does not change much I will continue with 1.0.5. Personally 1.0.5 is stable enough.
(2015-06-21, 01:24 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Is making it so quotes and replies to a thread are aggregated into one alert (if you remember my previous post) classed as important? Is that the alert spam?  It makes the plugin more of a nuisance than a bonus as it is. Which gives me a sadface Sad
Yep, you only get one alert now (the X has replied to your thread alert). They are combined, but in the future I'd like to be able to "stack" alerts somehow. That'll be either 2.1.0 or later though.
(2015-06-21, 07:37 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]In server usage 2.0 serie use very less than 1.0.5? If it does not change much I will continue with 1.0.5. Personally 1.0.5 is stable enough.

Server usage is pretty much the same, but 2.0.x is much better written, easier to integrate, is supported and has fewer bugs. I'd definitely advise upgrading.
It is much better now, because you will have only one alert instead of XX alerts for same thread. +1 Euan. Anyway I am looking for 2.1.0 - I hope that all issues from gihub marked as 2.1.0 milestone will be there. Fingers crossed! Thanks
That's the plan, but I don't currently have a timeline for release. It should be during the summer though Smile
(2015-06-21, 09:52 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Server usage is pretty much the same, but 2.0.x is much better written, easier to integrate, is supported and has fewer bugs. I'd definitely advise upgrading.

so i will continue using 1.0.5.

(2015-06-21, 10:23 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It is much better now, because you will have only one alert instead of XX alerts for same thread. +1 Euan. Anyway I am looking for 2.1.0 - I hope that all issues from gihub marked as 2.1.0 milestone will be there. Fingers crossed! Thanks

i doesn't have serious problem with this. I only permit user use 3 type of alerts (mention by mention plugin. like by simple like, and quote of core of myalert 1.0.5).
And not to mention that not enjoyed the modal solution wih table.
The modal can be changed in the templates and if it's really a big problem, you can change the JS too. I will not support 1.05 any more.
(2015-06-21, 03:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The modal can be changed in the templates and if it's really a big problem, you can change the JS too. I will not support 1.05 any more.

For now it is out of my cogitations. If i made changes for now, i need made several change in each your release. And for now not has mention plugin for 2.0 and compatible version of simple like.
And ajax solution (introduced in this new version) for me not personally like, this only increases server usage.