MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-04-03, 03:33 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is what I get in error.log in the admin folder>

<error>
	<dateline>1680364319</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/myalerts.php</script>
	<line>25</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>require_once(/home/bsva/public_html/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/Core/ClassLoader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory</message>
	<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/class_error.php:153]
#1  errorHandler->error_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:25]
#2  require_once() called at [/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:25]
#3  require_once() called at [/admin/modules/config/plugins.php:526]
#4  require() called at [/admin/index.php:830]
</back_trace>
</error>
I checked and double checked the ClassLoader.php file and it seems to be in order??

Based on the <dateline>, that's an error message from several days ago. Are you sure it's still current? If you rename that error.log file to something like error.bak.log and again browse to the blank, white page, does the same error get entered into the (regenerated) error.log file? If not, what (new?) message(s) do you see in the log?

(2023-04-04, 10:06 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Even the URL to the ClassLoader file is white...

That's as expected. It's simply defining a class, not generating any output.
(2023-04-04, 12:26 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-03, 03:33 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is what I get in error.log in the admin folder>

<error>
	<dateline>1680364319</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/myalerts.php</script>
	<line>25</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>require_once(/home/bsva/public_html/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/Core/ClassLoader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory</message>
	<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/class_error.php:153]
#1  errorHandler->error_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:25]
#2  require_once() called at [/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:25]
#3  require_once() called at [/admin/modules/config/plugins.php:526]
#4  require() called at [/admin/index.php:830]
</back_trace>
</error>
I checked and double checked the ClassLoader.php file and it seems to be in order??

Based on the <dateline>, that's an error message from several days ago. Are you sure it's still current? If you rename that error.log file to something like error.bak.log and again browse to the blank, white page, does the same error get entered into the (regenerated) error.log file? If not, what (new?) message(s) do you see in the log?

(2023-04-04, 10:06 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Even the URL to the ClassLoader file is white...

That's as expected. It's simply defining a class, not generating any output.

Ok, I renamed both errorlogs in the root and admin and retried installing MyAlerts...navigated the front end and got the whitescreen.  Looked back in admin folder and no new errorlog!  No new errorlog in root either. 

I also tried installing MyAlerts on my testforum which is in a folder in root and it was successful!  I am really stumped now!!
(2023-04-04, 01:10 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I renamed both errorlogs in the root and admin and retried installing MyAlerts...navigated the front end and got the whitescreen.  Looked back in admin folder and no new errorlog!  No new errorlog in root either. 

Yep, I've encountered this sort of situation quite a bit myself, and haven't been able to work out why it occurs: sometimes, inexplicably, error messages are simply utterly suppressed. The only way I've found to debug in situations like this is to insert debug output lines into PHP files to narrow down the exact line which is causing execution to halt. I'd be really interested if anybody can explain why this occurs and how to solve it, because it's wasted a heap of my time.

(2023-04-04, 01:10 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I also tried installing MyAlerts on my testforum which is in a folder in root and it was successful!

Is this on the same web server as the one on which you're getting the white screen?
(2023-04-04, 01:17 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-04, 01:10 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I renamed both errorlogs in the root and admin and retried installing MyAlerts...navigated the front end and got the whitescreen.  Looked back in admin folder and no new errorlog!  No new errorlog in root either. 

Yep, I've encountered this sort of situation quite a bit myself, and haven't been able to work out why it occurs: sometimes, inexplicably, error messages are simply utterly suppressed. The only way I've found to debug in situations like this is to insert debug output lines into PHP files to narrow down the exact line which is causing execution to halt. I'd be really interested if anybody can explain why this occurs and how to solve it, because it's wasted a heap of my time.

(2023-04-04, 01:10 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I also tried installing MyAlerts on my testforum which is in a folder in root and it was successful!

Is this on the same web server as the one on which you're getting the white screen?

Yes!  It is in a folder in the same root even!!
(2023-04-04, 01:24 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]

Huh. Very peculiar. At this point I have nothing more to offer other than to repeat my suggested debugging approach, which, although very tedious, works.
(2023-04-04, 01:48 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-04, 01:24 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]

Huh. Very peculiar. At this point I have nothing more to offer other than to repeat my suggested debugging approach, which, although very tedious, works.

Debugging is beyond my MyBB skill level, LOL!  I guess the other option is to just not use MyAlerts!
(2023-04-04, 01:56 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Debugging is beyond my MyBB skill level, LOL!

If you're willing to share credentials with me privately, I'd be happy to debug this for you.

(2023-04-04, 01:56 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the other option is to just not use MyAlerts!

Or to build a house without a bedroom, or a car without wheels. Get a hold of yourself, man!
(2023-04-04, 02:36 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-04, 01:56 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Debugging is beyond my MyBB skill level, LOL!

If you're willing to share credentials with me privately, I'd be happy to debug this for you.

(2023-04-04, 01:56 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the other option is to just not use MyAlerts!

Or to build a house without a bedroom, or a car without wheels. Get a hold of yourself, man!

Haha!  I hear ya!  Yeah, I can PM you the details if you want to take a look!  It is really bugging me!  Smile
(2023-04-04, 03:03 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Haha!  I hear ya!  Yeah, I can PM you the details if you want to take a look!  It is really bugging me!  Smile

Got 'em, and problem solved. It turned out to be a MyDownloads issue (with MyAlerts integration). Issue created on GitHub, and associated PR filed. I'm not sure whether Diogo is monitoring and merging PRs on that repository, but at least it's now there for future reference.
(2023-04-04, 04:15 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-04, 03:03 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Haha!  I hear ya!  Yeah, I can PM you the details if you want to take a look!  It is really bugging me!  Smile

Got 'em, and problem solved. It turned out to be a MyDownloads issue (with MyAlerts integration). Issue created on GitHub, and associated PR filed. I'm not sure whether Diogo is monitoring and merging PRs on that repository, but at least it's now there for future reference.

Nice work!  Does MyAlerts work with MyDownloads on my system or no go? 

Thanks for fixing it up!  I appreciate you taking a look!