MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can add an option in the future. I made the change after 90% of users complained about the old method. The old saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time always applies here.
(2015-07-26, 01:01 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I can add an option in the future. I made the change after 90% of users complained about the old method. The old saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time always applies here.

The problem is that people who are satisfied will only thank his work as a whole. And not each feature present.
So this 90% can not personally be very true.
So i will wait this option before upgrade from 1.0.4 to 2.0 series.
Anyway thanks for good work.
Nothing worst than click on alerts one by one and check what has been already visited and read and what has not been. Waste of time
I add funtion below in myalert.php and auto mark read return to work!!! Big Grin

if ($mybb->input['action'] == 'markRead') {
        if ($mybb->user['uid'] == 0) {
            return false;
        }

if (!verify_post_check($mybb->input['my_post_key'], true)) {
            xmlhttp_error($lang->invalid_post_code);
        }

$toMarkRead = $mybb->input['toMarkRead'];

if (isset($mybb->input['js_type']) AND $mybb->input['js_type'] == 'prototype') {
            $toMarkRead = json_decode($toMarkRead);
        }

MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertManager::getInstance()->markRead($toMarkRead);
    }

Of course need use too custom myalert.js, custom template etc . I using myalert.js dropdown version because i don't liked modal of 2.0.0.
Yes, that will work. A lot of the code is still there so that it can be changed and enhanced in the future.
(2015-07-26, 02:08 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing worst than click on alerts one by one and check what has been already visited and read and what has not been. Waste of time

i only respect preference of users of my foruns.
And avoid to need hear complain of users of my foruns.

(2015-07-26, 03:00 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that will work. A lot of the code is still there so that it can be changed and enhanced in the future.

thanks...
I only ask not to remove the function MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertManager::getInstance()->markRead().
I will have problems if this function is removed in future versions.
That won't be removed as it's a useful function used elsewhere.
(2015-07-26, 03:05 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]That won't be removed as it's a useful function used elsewhere.

Then great.
Thanks.
Wait so how does the marking of alerts as read and the deleting of alerts work?

On my forum, the number of my alerts just keeps climbing and climbing and I eventually have to manually delete all alerts.

Ideally, an alert for a new thread reply or replies should be deleted automatically after I read said thread, and an alert for a new PM should be deleted automatically after I read said PM.

After I read a thread with new replies or read a new PM, there is absolutely no reason to keep the alert there. If not, the total number of alerts keeps growing and growing, making it impossible to distinguish an actual new alert from an old one, and really making the whole system useless.
Yes, this is a known issue and something that will be fixed in 2.1.0. It was planned for 2.0.0, but I was way behind schedule already.