MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do sympathise, but you are paying your host and the hosting market has a lot of providers. Perhaps time to try a new host. If more people took this action when faced with out of date software on the servers provided by hosts then hosts would start keeping software up to date.
(2015-09-29, 10:32 AM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 06:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 06:16 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 05:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 05:31 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ] 5.2.17

That'll be why. This plugin requires PHP 5.3 or newer.
Because I REALLY need this plugin on my forum, is there any way to get it to work with PHP 5,2?

Probably, but I don't support PHP 5.2. It's extremely out of date and insecure, you should really upgrade.

I know that, however, I cannot upgrade, it's not my job - my hosting company has to upgrade and they told me it's not on their future plans yet.
Can i have the PHP 5.2 version, if there's any?

I'm sorry, but there is no PHP 5.2 compatible version and I don't plan on ever making it compatible. PHP 5.2 was end of lifed (eg: no more support or security fixes) 4 years, 8 months ago. Any hosts who are still using it with no other options are not only slow, they're entirely incompetent in my eyes. Heck, even 5.3 and 5.4 are past End Of Life now: http://php.net/eol.php
can I convert the database tables from MyISAM to InnoDB?
Sure, it'll work the same Smile
Euan, did you ever get round to fixing that quote and reply gives two alerts thing?
Not yet, I'll try get it done this month hopefully.
(2015-10-10, 07:48 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, it'll work the same Smile

thanks.
Quote:
(2015-09-26, 04:11 AM)Puzzlemaster Wrote: [ -> ]Euan, I have a problem with MyAlerts, recently i received two alerts and even after I have seen them they are not going away,the number count of alerts is 2 but the alerts are not found in userCP as well.

Strange. How are you viewing them? In 2.0 you have to click on them to mark them read.
They are not present in the Alerts usercp but I see them on the top bar.
Does MyAlert plugin sends these private messages?

If so, how can I disable it?

[Image: 0f3625f6-3c03-410c-5df9-51e753d3f5de.png...eWF6VvQ%3D]
No, MyAlerts does not send any PMs at all.