MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-04, 07:44 PM)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again and thank you for updating this!

I have a minor problem though, when I click on the alerts link it doesn't have any kind of drop down, it just goes to this page and can't scroll nor is JS working on that page:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ASdhUVWdcuJM2.../image.png

I have tried uninstalling, then installing it again.

I just tried with the default skin and same issue

Hi, are you using IcyBoards by any chance? Cookie123 has the same issue, and this is what I found on his board:

Quote:Hm, it looks like the mealiest.js file cannot be found (404):

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static1800.icyboards.com/spamheaven/jscripts/myalerts.js"></script>

Which links here: http://static1800.icyboards.com/spamheav...yalerts.js

Are you using IcyBoards? If so, this might be a problem with their setup...
(2015-06-03, 07:59 PM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-03, 06:52 PM)Adept Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it though. But it doesn't work well with my themes and templates in header. Also messes up the MyAwards plugin.

Remove {$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal} from the end of these global templates to fix your MyAwards problems.

[Image: CjawARD.png]

this state of affairs I could reproduce with another plugin . and that was not myalerts ! These are likely to be a bug of MyBB since 1.8.5

solution
Hello,
I have downloaded and placed MyAlerts files in my hosting file manager, but I have an error-
http://gyazo.com/b7ecf9bd7e44c697d1130d654cc77bc2
I have 1.8.3 Hebrew myBB. I translated the first language file and put it inside the Hebrew folder and put the untranslated English file in the admin folder (will translate later).
Before this error I had other errors- At first I had to install plugin library, after I have installed plugin library I was able to access my website, but everytime I tried to activate MyAlerts there was 4096 error (different one).
Any Idea how to fix this?
hi man,

i want to install it on localhost xampp but in active plugin see this error:

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\inc\plugins\myalerts.php on line 220

then want to install on a online host, get error 500

after many time of testing this i know this have problem with "My Profile" plugin(is was from errorlog files)

Quote:[05-Jun-2015 07:25:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class MyProfileCommentsMyAlertsFormatter contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (MybbStuff_MyAlerts_Formatter_AbstractFormatter::buildShowLink) in /home/***********/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/myprofile/myprofilecomments.class.php on line 67

when i deactive myprofile, load the mybb webpages but dont show list of my plugins.
i try it on php 5.3 and again show error 500.then reverse on php 5.4

after remove this "forum/inc/plugins/myprofile/myprofilecomments.class.php" the plugin page are loaded.

in fact, it worked on php 5.4 and is not compatible with MyProfile.

how can i solved this?
<error>
    <dateline>1433491319</dateline>
    <script>inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertManager.php</script>
    <line>521</line>
    <type>4096</type>
    <friendly_type>Catchable Fatal Error</friendly_type>
    <message>Argument 1 passed to MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertManager::doUsersWantAlert() must be an instance of MybbStuff_MyAlerts_Entity_AlertType, null given, called in /www/htdocs/xxx/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertManager.php on line 155 and defined</message>
</error>

i have deinstalled myalerts. I ENSURE no more annoying , too, of this bug in MyBB . Who was the white everything has ruined etc.

my english is bad, sorry. thanks for development.
(2015-06-05, 07:02 AM)RONIK56 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have downloaded and placed MyAlerts files in my hosting file manager, but I have an error-
http://gyazo.com/b7ecf9bd7e44c697d1130d654cc77bc2
I have 1.8.3 Hebrew myBB. I translated the first language file and put it inside the Hebrew folder and put the untranslated English file in the admin folder (will translate later).
Before this error I had other errors- At first I had to install plugin library, after I have installed plugin library I was able to access my website, but everytime I tried to activate MyAlerts there was 4096 error (different one).
Any Idea how to fix this?
Hi,

This plugin requires at least MyBB 1.8.4. 1.8.3 is not secure, and you should upgrade to MyBB 1.8.5.
(2015-06-05, 08:16 AM)firstboy000 Wrote: [ -> ]hi man,

i want to install it on localhost xampp but in active plugin see this error:

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\inc\plugins\myalerts.php on line 220

then want to install on a online host, get error 500

after many time of testing this i know this have problem with "My Profile" plugin(is was from errorlog files)

Quote:[05-Jun-2015 07:25:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class MyProfileCommentsMyAlertsFormatter contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (MybbStuff_MyAlerts_Formatter_AbstractFormatter::buildShowLink) in /home/***********/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/myprofile/myprofilecomments.class.php on line 67

when i deactive myprofile, load the mybb webpages but dont show list of my plugins.
i try it on php 5.3 and again show error 500.then reverse on php 5.4

after remove this "forum/inc/plugins/myprofile/myprofilecomments.class.php" the plugin page are loaded.

in fact, it worked on php 5.4 and is not compatible with MyProfile.

how can i solved this?
Hi,

The getExtension() error is a bug, which I will fix this weekend.

The second error is an issue with the MyProfile plugin, which will need to be updated to work with MyAlerts 2.0.0 - you should contact the author.

(2015-06-05, 10:09 AM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]
<error>
    <dateline>1433491319</dateline>
    <script>inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertManager.php</script>
    <line>521</line>
    <type>4096</type>
    <friendly_type>Catchable Fatal Error</friendly_type>
    <message>Argument 1 passed to MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertManager::doUsersWantAlert() must be an instance of MybbStuff_MyAlerts_Entity_AlertType, null given, called in /www/htdocs/xxx/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertManager.php on line 155 and defined</message>
</error>

i have deinstalled myalerts. I ENSURE no more annoying , too, of this bug in MyBB . Who was the white everything has ruined etc.

my english is bad, sorry. thanks for development.

Hi,

This error is the same as the error reported above, and is likely related to a third party plugin integrating with MyAlerts (as said above). You should contact the author of the plugin that's causing the error with MyAlerts.
(2015-06-04, 09:09 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes I removed the dropdown as it caused issues with almost every theme out there and the new modal pop-up is much easier to use and should be supported by all 1.8 themes Smile

It would be possible to use a dropdown, but would require several template edits and JS edits that I won't support (due to a lack of time to do so).

I see.

Can I fetch the old code for the dropdown menu somewhere? I know a bit of JScript and enough CSS to fix it myself without annoying you, but I'd rather use your old code than writing it from scratch myself Toungue
I'm also using the default myBB theme which should make stuff simpler.
Settings page appears empty. " alerts.php?action=settings ... What should I do?
Works fine for me, however ajax refresh does not. I checked the chrome network log to see if it refreshes the result but nope.
(2015-06-05, 02:34 PM)donluca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 09:09 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes I removed the dropdown as it caused issues with almost every theme out there and the new modal pop-up is much easier to use and should be supported by all 1.8 themes Smile

It would be possible to use a dropdown, but would require several template edits and JS edits that I won't support (due to a lack of time to do so).

I see.

Can I fetch the old code for the dropdown menu somewhere? I know a bit of JScript and enough CSS to fix it myself without annoying you, but I'd rather use your old code than writing it from scratch myself Toungue
I'm also using the default myBB theme which should make stuff simpler.
Hi, the old code from 1.05 can be found here: http://www.mybbstuff.com/thread-3-post-341.html#pid341

However, there may be some changes required to have it work properly with MyAlerts 2.0.2.
(2015-06-05, 02:53 PM)ziya3400 Wrote: [ -> ]Settings page appears empty. " alerts.php?action=settings  ...  What should I do?
Hi,

Is the whole page completely blank? If so, can you check the error log?
(2015-06-05, 03:58 PM)Alcatraz93 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me, however ajax refresh does not. I checked the chrome network log to see if it refreshes the result but nope.

Hi,

The AJAX refresh is not global due to potential issues with server load, and only works on the alerts.php page. This may be changed for MyAlerts 2.1.0.