MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upload this file to "inc/plugins/MybbStuff/Core/ClassLoader.php": https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MyBBSt...Loader.php
I want to show the alert variable  {$alerts} work in myalerts_headericon how?
(2023-07-06, 08:02 PM)SENP4I Wrote: [ -> ]I want to show the alert variable  {$alerts} work in myalerts_headericon how?

You want to render all of the rows of the MyAlerts modal dialogue in the MyAlerts header icon?
I tried looking through the thread for an answer but didn't come across anything; does this plugin work with php8 or is it only compatible with 7.4 still? I'm currently trying to figure out what plugins I can and can't keep active before my host switches my php version over tonight so I don't have to try and deal with any broken plugins after the switch happens.
Commit 4587d4 on 13 April, 2023 attempted to fix PHP 8 compatibility issues, so if you downloaded the plugin from GitHub after that date, then you should be good to go - if you do discover any other issues, let us know and we can fix them.
I applied those fixes, but when I re-enable the MyAlerts plugin it stops my board from loading at all and gives me a 500 error now.
All I can think of to suggest at the moment - aside from checking your server logs, even if you have to request your hosting provider to do that on your behalf, and directly identifying what's causing the error - is to:

Revert the fixes. If the 500 error goes away, then you can be confident that the fixes you applied were the cause. Assuming that's the case, then reapply each fix one by one until the error comes back. Then you'll have identified the exact line that's causing it. Report back when you have it.

Also, I'd suggest running a PHP lint check on the files to which you applied the fixes to make sure their syntax is still valid. The lint check is initiated by supplying the -l argument to the php commandline executable, so, something like this from your server's shell (or your local shell, after downloading myalerts.php from your server via FTP):

php -l inc/plugins/myalerts.php
I realized I didn't really explain the full issue properly in my last reply, so up front I apologize for that. I was getting that 500 error happening before applying the fix, and it still occurs after applying the fixes. I had disabled the plugin earlier to test others in regards to php8 compatibility, and had attempted to re-enable it after reverting back to 7.4.

I'll try to see if I can find which error log the plugin breaking gets put into, since I've noticed errors are going to different logs but I guess that might be down to where the error is happening (ACP versus regular board).

As for the PHP check, I'll give it a go but I've never done any sort of executable thing like what you're saying before. Honestly I don't even know what "shell" is directly referring to since I haven't seen that term in forever. =(
(2023-07-18, 04:32 PM)Moonface Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to see if I can find which error log the plugin breaking gets put into, since I've noticed errors are going to different logs but I guess that might be down to where the error is happening (ACP versus regular board).

It'll almost certainly be in your web server's error logs. If you're on shared hosting, you probably don't have direct access to those logs, in which case you would have to contact your hosting provider to track down the relevant log entry/entries.

(2023-07-18, 04:32 PM)Moonface Wrote: [ -> ]As for the PHP check, I'll give it a go but I've never done any sort of executable thing like what you're saying before. Honestly I don't even know what "shell" is directly referring to since I haven't seen that term in forever. =(

A shell is basically the program that presents a commandline prompt at which you can type out text commands, the results of which are then displayed. Shells typically run in a window known as a "terminal" - a separate but tightly coupled program. The standard shell on Linux (maybe UNIX-like OSes in general?) is bash. I haven't used Windows recently enough to know which shell is its current standard - maybe PowerShell? I'm also not sure what the default shell on MacOS is (maybe bash too?) but I think you can access it via its Terminal program.
Is this mod still updated in 2023 or is it dead?