MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I can't predict how every theme works, so template edits may be necessary depending on your theme. I'm currently looking at another issue relating to MyAwards for Marisa.
Regarding the global templates, I think I've just found the cause, but I think it's a bug in MyBB. I'm currently researching it further to see if the function has been changed recently.
(2015-06-03, 06:52 PM)Adept Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it though. But it doesn't work well with my themes and templates in header. Also messes up the MyAwards plugin.

Remove {$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal} from the end of these global templates to fix your MyAwards problems.

[Image: CjawARD.png]
(2015-06-03, 06:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain what is actually wrong with the AJAX? I'm still trying to replicate the PM problem, be patient.
okay^^.  If I knew even dies . otherwise everything goes .

Fatal error: Call to a member function getType() on a non-object in /www/htdocs/xxx/alerts.php on line 55
Euan, I will have a look at the modal template, see if I can fiddle it about. I need to remove all those tables too I guess . How dissimilar is the js from the old myalerts? I had that running fine on a bootstrap theme, but I used a dropdown like the 1.6 version. I dont like a modal on a mobile theme where I can avoid it.

All fixed Smile Its a bit of a bugger that all the classes are called alerts on a bootstrap theme though Toungue
(2015-06-03, 06:46 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-03, 01:13 AM)Hyperspace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02, 09:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1161216' dateline='1433277840']
(2015-06-02, 06:46 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-01, 10:23 PM)Hyperspace Wrote: [ -> ]I get this error after installing MyAlerts:

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'a.from_user_id' in 'on clause'
Query:
    SELECT a.*, u.uid, u.username, u.avatar, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup, t.code FROM mybb_alerts a LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (a.from_user_id = u.uid) INNER JOIN mybb_alert_types t ON (a.alert_type_id = t.id) WHERE a.uid = 10 AND (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 ORDER BY a.id DESC LIMIT 0, 5;
Strange. Is this a fresh install of 2.0.0 or have you had a version installed before?
I had the old version before.

Ah, yes. The upgrade script is wrong. D'oh! If you open the alerts table in phpMyAdmin, rename the column "from_id" to "from_user_id" and that should fix it for now.

I'm pushing a patch for it now.

I renamed "from_id" to "from_user_id" and I still get the same error. I also tried the new patch and still get the same error.

Is it definitely the same error? If you renamed the column, the error should have been fixed. Can you post a screenshot of the alerts table?
[/quote]
Here's a screenshot
(2015-06-04, 01:14 AM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-03, 06:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain what is actually wrong with the AJAX? I'm still trying to replicate the PM problem, be patient.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getType() on a non-object in /www/htdocs/xxx/alerts.php on line 55

I'll take a look after work and see if I can see the cause.

(2015-06-04, 01:47 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Euan, I will have a look at the modal template, see if I can fiddle it about. I need to remove all those tables too I guess . How dissimilar is the js from the old myalerts? I had that running fine on a bootstrap theme, but I used a dropdown like the 1.6 version. I dont like a modal on a mobile theme where I can avoid it.

All fixed Smile  Its a bit of a bugger that all the classes are called alerts on a bootstrap theme though Toungue

Yeah, the JS is mostly similar, apart from the change to a modal obviously Wink Glad you managed to get it all fixed though!

(2015-06-04, 05:44 AM)Hyperspace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02, 09:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1161216' dateline='1433277840']
(2015-06-02, 06:46 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. Is this a fresh install of 2.0.0 or have you had a version installed before?

Ah, yes. The upgrade script is wrong. D'oh! If you open the alerts table in phpMyAdmin, rename the column "from_id" to "from_user_id" and that should fix it for now.

I renamed "from_id" to "from_user_id" and I still get the same error. I also tried the new patch and still get the same error.

Is it definitely the same error? If you renamed the column, the error should have been fixed. Can you post a screenshot of the alerts table?
Here's a screenshot
[/quote]

You renamed the wrong column. You were meant to change the "from_id" column, but you changed the "id" column...
(2015-06-04, 01:14 AM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, are you using an "account switcher" plugin? It looks like it might be integrating with MyAlerts wrong.
(2015-06-04, 05:44 AM)Hyperspace Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's a screenshot
[/quote]

You renamed the wrong column. You were meant to change the "from_id" column, but you changed the "id" column...
[/quote]

Thanks Euan, I have it working now.  Big Grin
Euan, when I install MyAlerts, I get a white page when I try to activate it. Do you have any clue what might be going on here?