MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only have {$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal} once in my global templates Sad
(2015-06-12, 07:26 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 07:10 PM)bbbs Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have a quick question.
May I delete the following code?

OPEN:
myalerts_headericon Template

<li class="alerts {$newAlertsIndicator}">

Yes, if you don't need it for your theme you can remove it.

Okay, thanks for your quick reply Smile
(2015-06-12, 07:39 PM)Lektz Wrote: [ -> ]I only have {$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal} once in my global templates Sad

Are you sure? Other people who've had this issue before it's been because it's been added to every template.
It works fabulously! I can't wait to see what you do next.

We did disable SimpleLikes as it isn't working with it.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'alert_type' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_alerts WHERE alert_type = 'simplelikes'

But, that's okay for now. Big Grin We're just super happy to have alerts again.
(2015-06-13, 03:08 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]It works fabulously! I can't wait to see what you do next.

We did disable SimpleLikes as it isn't working with it.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'alert_type' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_alerts WHERE alert_type = 'simplelikes'

But, that's okay for now. Big Grin We're just super happy to have alerts again.

Yeah, that's my job for today Toungue
i have suggession

what about adding alert when user online ./ offline
new registrations (for mods to know)
(2015-06-12, 09:43 AM)inferno211 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 06:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 06:28 AM)Michalec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 09:22 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 08:33 PM)inferno211 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, but this plugins are dissabled Smile
Hi,

Due to the way that plugin's written, you'll have to fully uninstall and delete MyProfile. Otherwise it continues to run that code and cause errors.

So I have to uninstall MyProfile to install MyAlerts, but then I can't use MyProfile plugin? Sad

At the minute, yes. It's because the MyProfile plugin tries to integrate with MyAlerts, but targets a beta release of 2.0 and things have changed since then. The author of the plugin hasn't been very active recently to fix it either.

I've deleted all plugins that uses MyAlerts and error is still the same.

Can u help me?
Hi Euan T! Thanks for this awesome plugin, I'm so glad there's finally a version for 1.8 Smile
So, I've read through this thread and found this:

(2015-06-03, 06:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-03, 02:33 PM)Mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]Is possible that when alerts are greater than 0, the number is red?
Hi, yes. Use the following CSS:

.alerts.alerts--new {
    color: red;
}

But it doesn't work. Does this code relate to the number of alerts displayed in the header section of MyBB, like, Alerts (1)? Or did I missunderstand that? When adding this to my CSS, nothing changes, it remains the same color it has when there are more than 0 alerts. Smile
(2015-06-13, 11:03 AM)sparks fly Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan T! Thanks for this awesome plugin, I'm so glad there's finally a version for 1.8 Smile

(2015-06-03, 02:33 PM)Mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]Is possible that when alerts are greater than 0, the number is red?

.alerts.alerts--new {
}

But it doesn't work. Does this code relate to the number of alerts displayed in the header section of MyBB, like, Alerts (1)? Or did I missunderstand that? When adding this to my CSS, nothing changes, it remains the same color it has when there are more than 0 alerts. Smile

I am having the same issue you got.
I googled to fix this error and I found this caused by my theme was not load on stylesheet with the following code??( I am not sure)

OPEN: headerinclude template

ADD:
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

I added this code on headerinclude template with my theme for a test, but I got the another issue...............
(2015-06-13, 10:40 AM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]i have suggession

what about adding alert when user online ./ offline
new registrations  (for mods to know)
Hi,

Alerts for registrations or users logging in would become very annoying very quickly IMO. 
(2015-06-13, 10:59 AM)inferno211 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 09:43 AM)inferno211 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 06:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 06:28 AM)Michalec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 09:22 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Due to the way that plugin's written, you'll have to fully uninstall and delete MyProfile. Otherwise it continues to run that code and cause errors.

So I have to uninstall MyProfile to install MyAlerts, but then I can't use MyProfile plugin? Sad

At the minute, yes. It's because the MyProfile plugin tries to integrate with MyAlerts, but targets a beta release of 2.0 and things have changed since then. The author of the plugin hasn't been very active recently to fix it either.

I've deleted all plugins that uses MyAlerts and error is still the same.

Can u help me?
Hi,

Can you send me the full error message and a link to your site so I can see the error?
(2015-06-13, 11:03 AM)sparks fly Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan T! Thanks for this awesome plugin, I'm so glad there's finally a version for 1.8 Smile

.alerts.alerts--new {
}

Hi,

Yes it applies to there being unread alerts (or it should anyway). Can you send me a link and details for a test account which has an alert?
(2015-06-13, 11:45 AM)bbbs Wrote: [ -> ]

.alerts.alerts--new {
}

I am having the same issue you got.
I googled to fix this error and I found this caused by my theme was not load on stylesheet with the following code??( I am not sure)

OPEN: headerinclude template

ADD:
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

I added this code on headerinclude template with my theme for a test, but I got the another issue...............

As above, can you send me a link and details for a test account which has an unread alert?