MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, thanks for the release.

When I uploaded the new myalerts to my theme, the popup doesn't work. I get an error saying "Uncaught ReferenceError: my_post_key is not defined"
Strange, can you send me your URL and a test account?
(2015-06-05, 07:34 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, can you send me your URL and a test account?

Unfortunately, it is on localhost. I may upload it to a test server if I can.
is this stable for a live board i really love but afraid messing my life board
(2015-06-05, 08:22 PM)ridharezzag Wrote: [ -> ]is this stable for a live board i really love but afraid messing my life board

yep. using it on my live forum right now.
(2015-06-05, 07:34 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, can you send me your URL and a test account?

I sent you a PM with all the details.
(2015-06-05, 08:22 PM)ridharezzag Wrote: [ -> ]is this stable for a live board i really love but afraid messing my life board

yes you may use it on live forum without any hesitation but mybb Team always recommend you to backup before doing any change /modification ( upgrade / plugin installation / modification ) .

so it is better that you should backup your board first , then install it .
When i upload the MyAlerts plugin's file to FTP my plugins tab is not open on ACP. I think reason is the old installation. How i completly uninstall MyAlerts for clean install?
(2015-06-05, 09:40 PM)Phantomer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-05, 07:34 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, can you send me your URL and a test account?

I sent you a PM with all the details.

Thanks, I'll take a look this morning.

(2015-06-06, 02:05 AM)bekircem Wrote: [ -> ]When i upload the MyAlerts plugin's file to FTP my plugins tab is not open on ACP. I think reason is the old installation. How i completly uninstall MyAlerts for clean install?

Hi, simply press the uninstall button, though you should only need to disable before uploading the current version.
(2015-06-05, 04:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-05, 02:34 PM)donluca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 09:09 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes I removed the dropdown as it caused issues with almost every theme out there and the new modal pop-up is much easier to use and should be supported by all 1.8 themes Smile

It would be possible to use a dropdown, but would require several template edits and JS edits that I won't support (due to a lack of time to do so).

I see.

Can I fetch the old code for the dropdown menu somewhere? I know a bit of JScript and enough CSS to fix it myself without annoying you, but I'd rather use your old code than writing it from scratch myself Toungue
I'm also using the default myBB theme which should make stuff simpler.
Hi, the old code from 1.05 can be found here: http://www.mybbstuff.com/thread-3-post-341.html#pid341

However, there may be some changes required to have it work properly with MyAlerts 2.0.2.
(2015-06-05, 02:53 PM)ziya3400 Wrote: [ -> ]Settings page appears empty. " alerts.php?action=settings  ...  What should I do?
Hi,

Is the whole page completely blank? If so, can you check the error log?
(2015-06-05, 03:58 PM)Alcatraz93 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me, however ajax refresh does not. I checked the chrome network log to see if it refreshes the result but nope.

Hi,

The AJAX refresh is not global due to potential issues with server load, and only works on the alerts.php page. This may be changed for MyAlerts 2.1.0.

I can't imagine it would cause any more load than a normal shoutbox that I have (that I set refresh to 2 seconds). I would normally set ajax refresh to 10 seconds on that one, as faster isn't necessary.

I hope you will add this global, cheers.