MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-12-17, 03:12 PM)Karen Henry Wrote: [ -> ]We have been using MyAlerts (latest version) along with the MentionMe plugin in our brand new forum for about 4 days. We love the idea of this Alert system, but now that we're running it on our live forum (with over 1000 members), we're running into some issues.

Many people are complaining that the alerts for replies to posts ("Receive alert when quoted in a post") show up only occasionally, or not at all.  Sometimes alerts work one day but not the next day.  Sometimes alerts stop working altogether for hours, then suddenly start working again.

One of our members -- frustrated that the alert system doesn't show her alerts for replies to posts, only to messages that she's "tagged" in (using the MentionMe tagging syntax) -- has started asking people to "tag" her in every reply, just so she can be sure she's getting the alerts.

Do you have any advice or suggestions?  Does rebuilding the MentionMe plugin's cache have any effect on the MyAlert system, if we have both plugins installed?  I thought it might, but now I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Karen
That's very odd. There's nothing cached by MyAlerts - it should simply work for every case so long as the user has the alert type enabled in their User Control Panel. Rebuilding the won't have any affect unfortunately.

The fact that it works one day and not the next is the most bizarre thing, as there's nothing in the code that should cause this.

The plugin needs a bit of an update, I just have to find some time to spend on it, whilst splitting my time on MyBB itself too.

(2017-12-17, 05:26 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]I've been searching around the internet everywhere and don't know how to do this so a little help would be appreciate it. For a while I was wondering how some people manage to create a dropdown alerts, I mean that's pretty dope to have it like this..
https://i.imgur.com/AgKNzzi.png

If anybody knows the code, please let me know. Smile

Thanks!

The dropdown used to be built in to an old version of the plugin, but was removed due to it being extremely difficult to maintain for different themes. I don't know of any sites of the top of my head using the current version with a dropdown.

I looked into the issue that you reported earlier, but unfortunately I've not managed to replicate it yet on either my local install or on my live site.

Dr_The_One Wrote:Mention me and myalert interact with each other suddenly.
i got http 500 error.
i have to uninstall both to be functional website.

Could you check your server error logs when an error occurs? That will help us work out what the actual error is and how to fix it.
Alerts work's fine on 1.8.12 version but most plugins not only alerts on 1.8.14 is broken.
I would love to have dropdown menu for MyAlerts but I don't know how to do it.
(2017-12-20, 11:20 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to have dropdown menu for MyAlerts but I don't know how to do it.

I've requested it already apparently dropdown used to work on 1.6 but it was removed in 1.8. :/
But seen some forums do it on 1.8.12 and 1.8.14
It is possible, but isn't something I can provide support for. Every theme does things differently, and custom JS code for dropdowns and such causes problems with lots of themes which makes it even more difficult for me to provide support for this plugin.
how come this plugin is not on https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ry=plugins
was wondering what the other guys meant by drop down menu
do they mean that the link drop down showing there alerts?
instead of drop down could we have option to auto pop up instead?
^ this plugin is temporarily removed from the plugins section
as it needs some code modifications & the coder is engaged with the development work
Yeah, that right, but at this point i have own version of this plugin is the same version but with some code improvements and tests too hard Smile

At this point i have to request some sugestions like add a new field into alerts table to know what are posible alerts similar objects, object_id is for every id of alert types so it must be a field to verify alerts at firts glance with same patron of that type, like this_script, i mean with a numeric input 1 for pm, 2 for rep, etc. Where quote and reply to thread must be same number to mark this alerts at first glance. I have tryed before with the id, but if a pm, quote, thread, subscription and more alerts have same id then all was marked as readed on my own mod. So i will add this new field and setting it up all my plugins to this way.

Because it works so fine. Anyway i prefer to use modals besides dropdown menu who takes a query every click in firts version, or an ajax request is the same, to drop up and down so i think modals showld works fine, but maybe as an option to choose drop down or modals must be fine Smile

That way users have to customize it or use it modals Smile

Other news are i have the mod working on php 7.2 and all new versions of mysql, and apache server, by the way i am upgrading all my stuff and i have experienced too much errors with php 7.2 but i have solved in a few minutes but some parts have many lines of new code improvements, but i have it working into mybb 1.8.14 without any problem or issue Smile
Some of my members have reported they are not getting alerts for PMs - is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

I have confirmed with them that they have set up their alert settings correctly
(2018-01-07, 11:00 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my members have reported they are not getting alerts for PMs - is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

I have confirmed with them that they have set up their alert settings correctly

This isn't a known issue, but there is an issue that "system" PMs don't create alerts - PMs such as those from the mass mail system and other plugins and places that PM as if from the forum itself rather than from a user.

If they have the setting type enabled in the User CP, they should receive alerts for all normal PMs from other users. If they don't, it's a bug.