MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-11-30, 08:38 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Estoy un poco confundido por el control de versiones que mencionas, ¿podrías compartir un enlace a la versión que no funcionó para ti, así como un enlace a las versiones que sí funcionaron para ti?

Hola omar

Instalé myAlerts en la última versión de mybb y no pude hacerlo funcionar.

pero para salir de dudas y saber si todo se estaba haciendo correctamente, probé la versión 1.8.35 y myAlerts funciona correctamente.

Luego probé myAlerts en 1.8.36 y funciona correctamente.

Limpié mi base de datos nuevamente y limpié el directorio de mi servidor desde cPanel. Instalé Mybb en su última versión 1.8.37 y no consigo hacerlo funcionar. También cambié la versión de PHP de cPanel comenzando de 7.3 a 8.2 y no hay ningún resultado, solo un error. 500, el completo esta instalado y es configurable pero al abrir los foros aparece el error

problem update::

myAlerts Works correctly in the latest version of mybb 1.8.37

The error was on my server, I talked to my provider and they corrected it.

I already tried it with PHP 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and it is working correctly
I just installed this plugin on my forum and it seems to work very nicely. I wish the dropdown option was still available.

Thanks Euan for this great plugin!
I wonder why MyAlert has no email-notification?

Too difficult?
I doubt that's the actual reason.  If you think about it, all the alert types pertain to your board.  Whereas member mail handling is a function of third party systems and software.  You could be alerted an email was sent by your board I guess, but that doesn't mean you got it.  Seems like a potential can of worms to me.  Wink
Thanks nixer55,
I know so many forums where you get an email when somebody mentions you or gives you a like. This starts so much more interaction why I would like to implement it in my forum, too.

Would be great if you would be informed about by email when you are mentioned as you are informed if there is a new message in a subscribed forum by the mybb-software  Smile
(2024-01-29, 12:00 PM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks nixer55,
I know so many forums where you get an email when somebody mentions you or gives you a like. This starts so much more interaction why I would like to implement it in my forum, too.

Would be great if you would be informed about by email when you are mentioned as you are informed if there is a new message in a subscribed forum by the mybb-software  Smile

Plugins like DVZ's Mentions is supposed to do that, although no idea if it's compatible with 1837 or newer php versions.  Or how it does it for that matter.  Never tried it.  Rolleyes
Where can I actually download version 2.0.4? Everytime I download this from the github link its the 2.1.0-dev version.
The question is, which version 2.0.4? Wink

Although there's an official tag v2.0.4, bug fixes and updates were committed to the master branch after that tag without change to the version number in code. At some point, enough of them accumulated that we bumped the version to 2.1.0-dev.

So, do you want the "original" version 2.0.4, or (one of) the version(s) with bug fixes? If the latter, then why arbitrarily stop when the version got bumped to 2.1.0-dev?

In any case, here's a link to the original, official v2.0.4-tagged version on GitHub, from April the 8th, 2018, in case you really want that version:

https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts/tree/v2.0.4
Whichever one continues to work with DVZ Mentions I guess? One of my sites has 2.0.4 and DVZ mentions myalerts integration button works and is visible.

On another site I downloaded the MyAlerts from github and got 2.1.0-dev and DVZ mentions no longer has a button to integrate with myalerts. So something about the new dev version is causing mentions not to "recognize" it? I'm not sure whats going on lol.
(2024-02-08, 05:47 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]Whichever one continues to work with DVZ Mentions I guess?

As I commented to you a while back in the DVZ Mentions thread, DVZ Mentions requires MyAlerts 2.0.*. This is over-conservative: it could/should simply require version 2.*.*.

Untested, but I think this can be fixed by changing line 123 of inc/plugins/dvz_mentions/alerts.php from:

if ($version[0] == '2' && $version[1] == '0') {

to

if ($version[0] == '2') {

If that works, we can "mention" it to dvz. Smile