MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am facing small alignment issue on header where "Alerts (0)" is displayed. As you can see in image below the alignment is out.

[Image: MAJHUZj.png]

I noticed that if I change the following li class from:
<li class="alerts"
to this then issue is fixed.

<li class="alerts w3-bar-item w3-mobile w3-button w3-hover-none w3-border-white w3-bottombar w3-hover-border-black"

[Image: ekL2r1W.png]
[Image: Jzie1Fc.png]
[Image: 8qinFmT.png]
For this reason I opened \inc\plugins\MybbStuff\MyAlerts\templates\headericon.html and changed code from:

<li class="alerts {$newAlertsIndicator}">

to this:

<li class="alerts w3-bar-item w3-mobile w3-button w3-hover-none w3-border-white w3-bottombar w3-hover-border-black 
{$newAlertsIndicator}">

But this change is not being reflected on website. It seems it is still picking up from cache. I have rebuild & reload all cache from admin panel but in vain. How to fix it?
You need to change templates in ACP not in files.
(2019-01-29, 04:28 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change templates in ACP not in files.

Which template? I checked "header" under "Header Templates" but this code is not found.
(2018-05-07, 09:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-06, 12:01 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-30, 07:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-30, 06:44 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm experiencing this issue still and I now think the problem may be from MyAlerts itself rather than MentionMe since I've found out that PM alerts aren't working either. I've just updated MyAlerts to the most recent version and it doesn't seem to have fixed the issues as I was hoping it would.

I'm at a complete loss.

I take it you have PM alerts enabled in the User CP? Could I possibly get the site URL and details for a test account?

Yep, all alerts are enabled by default! I'll send you a PM with account details etc. Thanks for helping!

Great, thanks. I'll have a look at it tomorrow after work and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Hi, it's me again! Unfortunately this issue still persists but I've since found out that my ACP doesn't have the Alert Types menu option under the Configuration tab which might be why the alerts aren't functioning properly. I don't suppose you know why that is or how I can fix it?
Thanks Smile
(2019-01-30, 01:11 AM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-07, 09:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-06, 12:01 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-30, 07:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-30, 06:44 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm experiencing this issue still and I now think the problem may be from MyAlerts itself rather than MentionMe since I've found out that PM alerts aren't working either. I've just updated MyAlerts to the most recent version and it doesn't seem to have fixed the issues as I was hoping it would.

I'm at a complete loss.

I take it you have PM alerts enabled in the User CP? Could I possibly get the site URL and details for a test account?

Yep, all alerts are enabled by default! I'll send you a PM with account details etc. Thanks for helping!

Great, thanks. I'll have a look at it tomorrow after work and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Hi, it's me again! Unfortunately this issue still persists but I've since found out that my ACP doesn't have the Alert Types menu option under the Configuration tab which might be why the alerts aren't functioning properly. I don't suppose you know why that is or how I can fix it?
Thanks Smile

Review your Admin Permissions settings as shown in the screenshots.

Go here in your AdminCP and select the user to adjust the Admin permissions.

[Image: d92f0dd350177fd16ad299c40166aa03.png]

Then scroll down to the bottom of that page and... don't forget to click on the 'Update Permissions' button!

[Image: ff8c0b5f152ec537c34d8620a296f265.png]
(2019-01-30, 12:00 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Review your Admin Permissions settings as shown in the screenshots.

Go here in your AdminCP and select the user to adjust the Admin permissions.

[Image: d92f0dd350177fd16ad299c40166aa03.png]

Then scroll down to the bottom of that page and... don't forget to click on the 'Update Permissions' button!

[Image: ff8c0b5f152ec537c34d8620a296f265.png]

Thank you so much! The menu option is now there and it seems to have fixed the original problem with MentionMe alerts! Big Grin
@Euan, just a public reminder that you (and any dev) can use change_admin_permission() to set or unset default permissions within the activate and deactivate routines. :p Toungue

Edit: since when do smiles are case sensitive.. I forgot.
(2019-01-29, 05:50 PM)forumtester123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-29, 04:28 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change templates in ACP not in files.

Which template? I checked "header" under "Header Templates" but this code is not found.

Ok I found the template which is myalerts_headericon

Does this plugin send email notification?

I am using this plugin along with DVZ Mentions and it is working fine. If someone tags user by @username then the other user receives alert. All other alerts are also working BUT system doesn't send any email notification. Is this how it is supposed to work or is there a setting to enable email notification?
(2019-01-30, 11:44 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Euan, just a public reminder that you (and any dev) can use change_admin_permission() to set or unset default permissions within the activate and deactivate routines. :p  Toungue

Edit: since when do smiles are case sensitive.. I forgot.
Yeah, I should probably do something like that eventually Wink
(2019-01-31, 03:44 PM)forumtester123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-29, 05:50 PM)forumtester123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok I found the template which is myalerts_headericon

Does this plugin send email notification?

I am using this plugin along with DVZ Mentions and it is working fine. If someone tags user by @username then the other user receives alert. All other alerts are also working BUT system doesn't send any email notification. Is this how it is supposed to work or is there a setting to enable email notification?

I'm afraid this plugin doesn't support email notifications at the moment - alerts are only in the forum.
Euan T

I have a bug for you!  - originally I thought it was due to MentionMe, but I'm now certain it is your plugin - originally reported in the MentionMe Thread

Quote:I haven't tested yet, but I think a member has alerted me to a bug; I think it is due to a bug with MentionMe, but it is actually connected to the alerts (MyAlerts)

A member got a barrage of alerts to say he had been tagged; when he followed the link to the post, there was no post and no tag. He contacted the member, who noted that he had created a draft post (where the other member was tagged), and made a number of saves; he thinks that every time he saved the draft the member is getting an alert

Is this a known bug?

As it was a tag causing the phantom alerts, I thought the issue was with the MentionMe plugin, however today a member that was subscribed to a thread received multiple "XYZ has replied to your subscribed thread" alerts, again it was due to another member saving a number of drafts

So it seems that drafts are causing an alert to trigger, and as it triggers every time a save is made, it can be pretty annoying for other members!

Any further info required, just let me know Smile