MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-12, 05:38 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-12, 05:06 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-12, 12:52 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-11, 09:45 PM)ecoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Where is the code to remove the bell icon next to "Alerts" on the header?

Guests also can't reply to threads. They get this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function getByCode() on boolean in C:\xampp\htdocs\bobahotspot\inc\plugins\myalerts.php on line 891

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

The code is in the myalerts_headericon template in ACP > Themes & Templates > Templates > *YOUR THEME* > MyALerts Templates.

That error should be fixed in the current code, which can be found here: https://github.com/mybbstuff/myalerts

For some reason, alerts are not popping up. Is this because I'm using testing locally? It's also possible that I reinstalled it wrong, what I did was replace the files with the new ones in v2.0.3.

The settings page is also missing the options for users to choose. The header saying "Alert Settings" and "Save Settings" button is there, but there is nothing else.

Hi,

Can you please check the "mybb_alert_types" table in phpMyAdmin? It sounds like the alert types haven't been registered properly. If they're not there, there was a query a couple of pages back that creates them manually.

The table names are there, but all they say inside is: SELECT * FROM mybb_alerts and SELECT * FROM mybb_alert_types

I got this error when running the query:

Error

SQL query: 

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mybb_alert_types` (
  `id`                   INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `code`                 VARCHAR(100)     NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `enabled`              TINYINT(4)       NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `can_be_user_disabled` TINYINT(4)       NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `unique_code` (`code`)
)
  ENGINE = InnoDB
  DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8

MySQL said: Documentation 
#1046 - No database selected
Do the tables contain anything in them? If there's nothing, you need to create the alert types.
(2016-07-12, 06:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Do the tables contain anything in them? If there's nothing, you need to create the alert types.

There's nothing in the tables. How would I go about creating the alert types?
(2016-07-12, 06:40 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, the following should work: http://community.mybb.com/thread-171301-...pid1220320

Hey there, thanks for helping. I"m not sure how to run the command, is it from Phpmyadmin home page ---> SQL and run it there?

I get this error when I do the above. I think I'm running the command in the wrong place or something.

Error

SQL query: 

INSERT INTO `mybb_alert_types` (`code`, `enabled`, `can_be_user_disabled`) VALUES ('rep', 1, 0), ('pm', 1, 0), ('buddylist', 1, 0), ('quoted', 1, 0), ('post_threadauthor', 1, 0), ('subscribed_thread', 1, 0)

MySQL said: Documentation 
#1046 - No database selected
Hi,

From phpMyAdmin, select your database on the left (the database you installed MyBB to), then click the SQL tab, then run that code Smile
(2016-07-12, 06:47 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

From phpMyAdmin, select your database on the left (the database you installed MyBB to), then click the SQL tab, then run that code Smile

Oh jeez, I'm a dummy!...

Alerts are certainly working now, but the settings on usercp do not appear. I'm actually fine with this, but do you know what's up with that?
It's probably related to the alert type cache. It's a bit of a pain to fix, I'll have to add a tool in the ACP to fix that.
(2016-07-12, 06:55 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably related to the alert type cache. It's a bit of a pain to fix, I'll have to add a tool in the ACP to fix that.

Oh, okay. One last problem, it appears.

The alerts pop up (e.g. Alerts (2)) works, but when you click on the Alerts to open the popup, it displays "no alerts to display". But this only occurs on the index page  Confused . In other pages, the popup works.
That's extremely odd. What's your URL? Can you send me details for a test account?