MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Euan T,

When I have a buddy alert, and I want view it, redirect to the member profile, how can I redirect the alert to the buddy list?
(2015-07-13, 01:24 PM)Sasori Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Euan T,

When I have a buddy alert, and I want view it, redirect to the member profile, how can I redirect the alert to the buddy list?

Hi,

You would have to edit the plugin to do this. Right now, the URL is hard-coded. I might change it to go to the buddy list in the future.
(2015-07-13, 05:23 AM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-13, 04:02 AM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, well that's great, but that still doesn't fix my problem. The pages are still showing up like that. Is it the jscript or something? It's just doing it to the NewPoints plugin. I didn't mind adding the code to it, since I'm pretty sure it indeed needs that coding there for MyAlerts to properly work, but it's just not working correctly. :/

Known bug in 1.8.5 due to the way MyBB interprets some code regarding templates right now.

You don't really have a choice but to fix it manually.

(2015-07-13, 06:35 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you'll have to manually edit the new points templates and remove the variables.

Okay, how would I do that? Are you talking about just removing the "{$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal}" code from the NewPoints templates? Because doing so still doesn't fix my problem, as the MyAlert templates still are like that, where they are interfering in the NewPoints pages. It's the "{$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal}" coding that isn't working..
(2015-07-15, 04:52 PM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-13, 05:23 AM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-13, 04:02 AM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, well that's great, but that still doesn't fix my problem. The pages are still showing up like that. Is it the jscript or something? It's just doing it to the NewPoints plugin. I didn't mind adding the code to it, since I'm pretty sure it indeed needs that coding there for MyAlerts to properly work, but it's just not working correctly. :/

Known bug in 1.8.5 due to the way MyBB interprets some code regarding templates right now.

You don't really have a choice but to fix it manually.

(2015-07-13, 06:35 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you'll have to manually edit the new points templates and remove the variables.

Okay, how would I do that? Are you talking about just removing the "{$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal}" code from the NewPoints templates? Because doing so still doesn't fix my problem, as the MyAlert templates still are like that, where they are interfering in the NewPoints pages. It's the "{$myalerts_js}{$myalerts_modal}" coding that isn't working..

Hi,

Yes you need to go through all of the global templates and remove any {$myalerts_X} variables. The only templates that should contain MyAlerts variables are:
  • headerinclude
  • footer
  • header_welcomeblock_member
Removing the variables from all other templates will solve the problem - you're not the first to face it (nor will you be the last).
https://github.com/dragonexpert/Trade-Feedback is now compatible with MyAlerts. Smile
Any word on v2.0.3 yet? ;3
Nice one Andrew. 2.0.3 isn't far off, I ended up getting swamped with work but I'll try to get it finished over the next two weeks.
(2015-07-12, 04:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-PluginLibrary/
you can click on download zip link available at right side of the page (image) [plugin library direct link]

Thanks for your help =)
Where's version 2.0.2? I only see 2.0?
(2015-07-22, 04:14 AM)SolarCrane Wrote: [ -> ]Where's version 2.0.2? I only see 2.0?

Hi,

All releases are available here: https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts/releases