MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems it has alerts.php in adress, but I get white screen when I click on it.
(2017-11-24, 06:21 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]It seems it has alerts.php in adress, but I get white screen when I click on it.

That's weird. When you click on it you should see either the alerts list (no action), the modal (?action=modal) or the alert settings (?action=settings). Can you double check the file is up to date with this one? https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts/bl...alerts.php
Hmm I have myalerts.php in plugins folder, while this file is named alerts.php. Address also says alerts.php but my plugin works on myalerts.php.

But I also have alerts.php page on forum...

Edit: found alerts.php file, checking if it's same.
(2017-11-24, 07:57 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I have myalerts.php in plugins folder, while this file is named alerts.php. Address also says alerts.php but my plugin works on myalerts.php.

But I also have alerts.php page on forum...

Edit: found alerts.php file, checking if it's same.

I don't think there's ever been a "myalerts.php" file in the root of this plugin as far as I remember...
My alerts.php file is identical with that one, it also says 2.0.3 in Plugins page.
I have myalerts.php file in inc/plugins, confused it with that one.

I believe this issue started with 1.8.13 update of MyBB, otherwise I think I would have notice this earlier.
I am brand new to MyBB, still in the process of evaluating it to see if it meets our needs.  I'm very interested in MyAlerts, I think it would help our users a great deal, but I am concerned by all of the issues being reported in recent days.  

Is the current version of MyAlerts (the one referenced in the first post in this thread) fully compatible with the current version of MyBB?  We have a brand new forum, just set up on MyBB within the last week.  The only plugin we have installed so far is MentionMe.  Will the basic functionality of MyAlerts work in that environment, without causing issues with the Admin CP, etc?

I can see that this plugin has been around for quite a while.  But I'm reluctant to install it without some assurance that the CURRENT version of the plugin works with the CURRENT version of the MyBB software.

Thanks,
Karen Henry
Hi,

The version currently available on GitHub (here) works with the current version of MyBB 1.8 to the best of my knowledge. I don't provide any guarantees, but try to provide as much support as and when I can should there be any problems.
Hello again Smile

I'm trying to figure out how to grab the code that displays alerts in the default theme and move it to a different place in my other theme.
In my current theme alerts are in the drop down menu but I'd much rather have them more visible as people hit the main page...like how they display in the Mybb default with the little bell.
Is this possible? If so can you tell me what template to grab the code from in the default theme sso I can change its location/display in my current theme Smile

[attachment=39543]

[attachment=39542]
Hi,

The variable is "{$myalerts_headericon}" and is in the "header_welcomeblock_member" template. You can move it anywhere inside that template or any header template to position it somewhere better Smile
Thank you again Smile
This is exactly what I was looking for Smile