MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2024-04-30, 12:10 AM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]I did install the wrong version. I do not know how.

I think I do: because we've marked 2.1.0-beta as a "Dev" rather than a "Stable" release on its Extend page, clicking on the "Download" link defaults to the up-top download link being the previous (stable) most-recent version, labelled there as "Build #4" but corresponding to version 2.0.2.

This is an unfortunate quirk of the Extend system. There should probably be some sort of indication when there's a later albeit "Dev" version to download.

(2024-04-30, 12:10 AM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to waste your time!

Not a problem - as you can see, it was hardly your fault.
You're probably right about the installation issue. Whoops. Thank you for letting me know.

In the meantime, it looks like I have an issue when opening a thread. Getting this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /ROOT/inc/plugins/myalerts.php:1582 Stack trace: #0 /ROOT/inc/class_plugins.php(142): myalerts_auto_mark_read_for_thread('') #1 /ROOT/showthread.php(1124): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /ROOT/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 1582

Line 1582 for me is:
		$t_quoted_id        = $alertTypeManager->getByCode('quoted'           )->getId();
What results do you get when you run this query on your database, substituting your table prefix for mybb_ if it's different?
select * from mybb_alert_types;
In particular, is quoted amongst the values for the code column?
The only things under code are rated_threadauthor, voted_threadauthor, and ougc_awards.
(2024-04-30, 04:49 PM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]The only things under code are rated_threadauthor, voted_threadauthor, and ougc_awards.

It's probably the issue that I also encountered and reported when I first started using MyAlerts, and which has been reported in this thread by at least one other member.

In short, it seems that sometimes, MyAlerts doesn't insert the basic alert types into the database on installation.

It is in this sense a "known issue", but it doesn't have a dedicated issue on GitHub, and as far as I know, nobody's investigated what causes it. It seems to only occur occasionally.

Feel free to file a GitHub issue for it if you like, otherwise I'll probably do that at some point.

The fix is as shared by Euan at that first link (my report years back).
That worked. Thank you!

I filed a GitHub issue for you. Smile
(2024-05-06, 12:23 AM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]That worked. Thank you!

No worries.

(2024-05-06, 12:23 AM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]I filed a GitHub issue for you. Smile

Thank you.
What is causing my alert page to show stretched avatars as well as the popup?  All the avatars are not proportioned properly!
Version 2.1.0 proper released (we're now out of beta for 2.1.0, although there are plenty of issues still open in general):

Full Changelog: v2.1.0-beta...v2.1.0
Why this upgrade is called version and not another build?