MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Introduce Yourself!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI FRNDS I A AM NITI
Hello all, my name is Thierry!
Hi guys!

This is a great community!
Welcome everyone. Wink
G'Day mates.
(2012-02-25, 01:42 PM)McLovin123 Wrote: [ -> ]G'Day mates.

Your themes are awesome.
Hi I,m Jimmy Dolan AKA The Old Guy
That's because I turned 84 years old Feb. 10 2012
I have 7children, 13 Grandchildren and 26 Great Grand Children.
They are all computer literate.

I am building 2 forums one for Photographers,which is my hobby and one for Senior Citizens, who I am trying to get more interested in this wonderful technology that allows me to work with people of all ages all over the world to develop a grat new forum program like MYBB.
Hi,
Im Max from Denmark.
Ive been asked to look the requirements of setting up a web site (closed membership of about 50), that has a community forum, member blogs , and wiki, including estimating requirements on equipment and daily/weekly/monthly maintenance.

When I stumbled onto this site, not only is the forum interesting to me, but the entire site and layout.

To set up a site that looks like this one, that is a full website, with forum ... what is required? Could I get some idea from the powers that run this system?

Primary focus is on news from management on the 'home' page, forum discussion functionality for a team of tester, another of developers and few managers... and finally, the blog.

I would appreciate your thoughts and input.

MaxBlush
(2012-03-05, 09:32 AM)Maxster Wrote: [ -> ]When I stumbled onto this site, not only is the forum interesting to me, but the entire site and layout.

To set up a site that looks like this one, that is a full website, with forum ... what is required? Could I get some idea from the powers that run this system?

The main site is powered by a custom CMS. The forum, of course, is powered by MyBB. The wiki is powered by Media wiki and the blog is powered by Wordpress. They're customized to use the same header, footer and container layout and they share the same stylesheets.

The main site is powered by a custom CMS. The forum, of course, is powered by MyBB. The wiki is powered by Media wiki and the blog is powered by Wordpress. They're customized to use the same header, footer and container layout and they share the same stylesheets.
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response . Seems like I better go back to basics as I don't know anything of what your mention.
Im far behind the curve, but will have to find a way to get in step.

thank you

Max