MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Introduce Yourself!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I'm Kevin & currently I am running the forums that are on my signature.
Welcome to the community, Kevin!Smile
Thanks Tom.
No problemSmile
Thanks for the welcomes.
Hey,

my name is Tom, and i'm from Transylvania(sadly i don't have the vampire status yet, it takes decades to get it)

i'm a professional web designer, i design themes from blog designs to forum designs and business designs. All my designs are web 2.0, you can view a part of my portfolio at http://www.thaslayer.com/portfolio/ .

I'm also a blogger, my blog is located at http://www.thaslayer.com/ (sadly due to work and exams i don't have time to blog till february)

Coding is my worst nightmare, for me it's boring, lots of text and no fun, thats why i stick to designing and my colleague handles the coding tasks.

in my spare time i'm mostly out with friends, or watch movies and play either dota and w3 or counter-strike

The reason why i'm here is because i recently started a community for designers which runs on mybb(got sick of the other free forum softwares and thought i'll try something new, also it's not worth it to buy a commercial software for a startup website)

cheers,
Tom
(2009-01-16, 07:03 AM)ThaSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Coding is my worst nightmare, for me it's boring, lots of text and no fun, thats why i stick to designing and my colleague handles the coding tasks

Ditto until recently. Now that I'm beginning to understand how it operates it's actually quite fun and challenging. I love a challenge, so this keeps me going all day now. Smile Thanks to myBB I've finally gotten my feet wet. Wasn't really diggin' the other forums, and I've experimented with nearly all of them except vB.

The php and java are a bit of a headache still, but the html and css are really not as complicated as I first anticipated. Though, I am still learning as I go. Only took this up about a month ago.
Helllllllo.

My name is Neon...or Emma Toungue

I have used MyBB a few times now, but never actually decided to have a serious forum using it since I never have any ideas for forums [usually they were just test boards]

I just decided to join the community to see what was going on Smile
Hi,

I first used MyBB about 4 years ago, and it seems to have come a long way since then. I am a self-employed web guy, and like messing around with scripts and I remember building a RPG-game type thing using MyBB as a base. Like most projects I start I never finished it, it didnt have PMs or anything back then and was a lot of work scripting all that stuff, but the code inside MyBB taught me SO much about PHP and SQL. Great script guys and congrats on coming so far with it! Smile

I'm in the process of checking out the latest version and look forward to tinkering with it again Cool
Hi Cap'n 0 - welcome to the MyBB Community!

I hope you enjoy your stay and find the appropiate resources.