MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Introduce Yourself!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know I've been here this long and I didn't find this post until just now....

My name is Phillip and I am 25 years old, I have been around the block a lot with forum softwares. phpBB, vBulletin and others...but I always end up going back to here... MyBB. Smile

It's one of my favorite softwares. Smile
Big Grin Howdy, my real name is Jim, ive been inthe fish keeping hobby for a long time (30 years) and i recently retired, so i have wayyy too much time to kill now, so i thought i would build myself a place to discuss my hobby with others,

Got a hosting company, bought VBulletin software and away i go.

Pretty quickly i found that VBulletin was quite a piece of software ( For the expert Admin) Blush

Next i tried out SMF software, and found it easy to use but still not quite what i was looking for.

So i was on the hunt for something better, and after reading lots of opinions all over the web, decided to try out MyBB. and so far im very happy.

I find this software has a learning curve of course, just like any other, but is really fun to use, and looks better with out of the box themes than either of the other two i used.

Just getting started trying to add plugins to do what i want, so im sure i will have many questions, and yes even problems along the way, but so far im finding this community to be not only well laid out but very helpful as well.

So in closing, i would like to say thanks to all who take part here, and anyone wanna buy a cheap copy of VBulletin ? Big Grin
In real life people call me Hendrik, currently finishing up my bachelor in computer science, living in Germany.

Been joining quite a few myBB based forums lately and want to get into writing plugins and themes, possibly working towards starting a forum about something (like webdev or so).

I work as a freelancing webdesigner and JavaScript dev.
I'm a digital lime hole, love computer and anything regarding them also having a relationship with PHP and flirting with Python these days going to have sex with MyBB.

Lives in Sri Lanka and I'm on when most of you guys sleep Big Grin
G'day

I've been involved in BB's as part of my IT Career since the late eighties when I created my first Bulletin Board using a 300 baud modem for users to dial in to - we've come a long way since then! Smile

I spent a few decades in the corporate space as a developer on the m$ft platform, as a result my personally run forums have also been on that platform until now. I'm semi-retired now and have more time to "play" so figured it was about time I gave the "dark side" a serious go Toungue

Have just set up a MyBB 1.8 install to trial for a new private forum I am creating. Loving it so far, nice work team!
Im Keyra, I live in New York (U.S.A)
Hello ,

My name is theo , 36 years old .
Hi, Im Mike Smile
Yo what's up i'm Blaze13! Just started my own forum and installed the latest version of MyBB, I've used this software in the past before but switched a few times. I really love 1.8, the default theme is gorgeous and the loading times are super fast! Anyway I'm 24 years old and love video games. Nice to meet you all!