MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Introduce Yourself!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
In real life I go by Lisa. On here, I'm miseenplace, a French cooking term, because I love to cook and I'm a geek Big Grin

A few weeks ago I changed from a free message board with lots of pop-ups to MyBB. So far I
love it, if I can figure out more about coding and stuff. I'm sort of a newbie with website stuff, but I have been playing with for a couple of years.

I'm a Mac user, too.
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, I live in Texas and own a series of websites. I came to mybb to consider it for a couple of new forums I am going to open. I have about 3 or 4 websites I am planning on opening, add them to the existing 3 forums and 2 websites I run.

Currently I own 2 VBulletin sites and 1 SMF site. I have heard a lot of good things about mybb, so here I am looking for information.

One of my sites is about 16 months old and has over 250,000+ post and its powered by VBulletin. From what I have heard, mybb is easier on the server, which is what I need. I have a VPS with 800+ megs of memory. On average the server has about 300 megs of free memory. Instead of moving to a dedicated server, I thought about getting a forum software that uses less resources. Which is what I heard mybb is good at.
(2008-08-30, 12:20 AM)ParadoxInteractive Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm Paradox. My real name is Joey. I live in Wisconsin.

I been coding Java for 1.5 years.

I'm learning how to code PHP MySQL and javascript.

One day hope to build my own forum software and compete with you guys.

But thats all a dream Smile

Thanks,
Paradox

(2008-09-03, 07:36 PM)miseenplace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
In real life I go by Lisa. On here, I'm miseenplace, a French cooking term, because I love to cook and I'm a geek Big Grin

A few weeks ago I changed from a free message board with lots of pop-ups to MyBB. So far I
love it, if I can figure out more about coding and stuff. I'm sort of a newbie with website stuff, but I have been playing with for a couple of years.

I'm a Mac user, too.

(2008-09-04, 09:29 PM)~kev~ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, I live in Texas and own a series of websites. I came to mybb to consider it for a couple of new forums I am going to open. I have about 3 or 4 websites I am planning on opening, add them to the existing 3 forums and 2 websites I run.

Currently I own 2 VBulletin sites and 1 SMF site. I have heard a lot of good things about mybb, so here I am looking for information.

One of my sites is about 16 months old and has over 250,000+ post and its powered by VBulletin. From what I have heard, mybb is easier on the server, which is what I need. I have a VPS with 800+ megs of memory. On average the server has about 300 megs of free memory. Instead of moving to a dedicated server, I thought about getting a forum software that uses less resources. Which is what I heard mybb is good at.

Welcome all to MyBB!
Hey everyone. I'm a new member to the forum. Thought I would stop by to introduce myself and say hello! Big Grin
Hello everyone !.
Well, hello there!
I've been part of a MyBB forum for about 3/4ths of a year now, and have been basically thrown in charge of keeping it running, without actually having the 'disclosed' title of Admin.
Everyone keep up the good work here, and try not to steal too many sharpies! Those things get expensive after a while, and it's harder and harder to replace them out-of-pocket. O_O
I would NEVER steal anything! lol

I think you're doing a great job Kuri. The forum is smoothly run.
Might as well introduce myself--although I have been browsing for some time. Smile

Want to wish the MyBB staff the BEST of luck. You have a great thing going here! Hope to be able to donate soon as well.
anyone user mybb from Indonesia ?
Hi friends says Andy Lewis to all forum member.