MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded my forum to 1.6.11 from 1.6.10 and now the Alert menu when expanded does not look right. Furthermore, it does not turn red when there is a new alert.

When I say it does not look right, there seems to be a styling issue. The expanded menu no longer shows a background (it's transparent), it's a lot wider, expands at a different place from where it says Alerts, and when as a moderator, the expanded menu messes up the position of links nearby. Before the upgrade to 1.6.11, everything worked perfectly.

I've made a demo account. The login information is below

Site:
user:
password:

Thank you for your help.
^ MyAlerts style sheet (alerts.css) is missing on your forum. you may uninstall it and reinstall to fix the issue.
(2013-10-31, 08:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ MyAlerts style sheet (alerts.css) is missing on your forum. you may uninstall it and reinstall to fix the issue.

Thank you! Uninstalling and reinstalling the mod from the admin panel fixed the issue for me.

Will I have to do this every time I upgrade MyBB?
^ not necessarily !. also ensure that alerts settings are turned ON for all users. plugin includes required
script for enabling the alerts settings for all users. it is available at the plugin's place on the plugins page
You should never have to re-install after an upgrade, though it sounds like something odd happened with your stylesheets on update. I'd have to look into the exact cause of that.
(2013-10-30, 11:10 AM)farsi200 Wrote: [ -> ]in my forum the color of the this alert is white and not show

(2013-10-30, 11:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can add required color property for .myalerts_popup li .alertContent in the theme's alerts.css
.myalerts_popup li .alertContent {
margin-left:30px;
font-size:11px;
color: #000;
	}
now this changed it:
[attachment=30438]
the url is not Appearance
^ you can add below code at the bottom of alerts.css (edit in advanced mode)
.alertContent a:link {color: #0000ff !important;}
remember hard refreshing your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the index page after saving changes to style sheet
thanks one Section is true but the one another Section ...
[attachment=30439]
^ in the earlier suggested code you can add background color like this
.myalerts_popup li .alertContent {
margin-left:30px;
font-size:11px;
color: #000;
background: #2FAAC4;
    }
(see html color codes if required)
(2013-10-31, 05:31 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You should never have to re-install after an upgrade, though it sounds like something odd happened with your stylesheets on update. I'd have to look into the exact cause of that.

The same thing happened to my forum. I thought it was some incompatibility, but just noticed that the alerts.css are not in the theme anymore. I'll try the suggestion (reinstalling the plugin). Will that loose all the notifications?

(2013-11-05, 07:05 PM)blogantinom Wrote: [ -> ]Will that loose all the notifications?

Just noticed that yes, you loose all current notifications :/

Also when I click the alert link it opens and close quickly. I remember it happened before after reinstall, but can't remember how to fix it :/