MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad to see you saw my issue on GitHub, euantor. Let me know if I can provide any more information to help you diagnose the issue.
(2012-12-05, 04:59 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed it on OPF and it seems to be working good.

Again, thank you for this plugin. Smile

Glad you're liking it Smile

(2012-12-05, 05:31 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you saw my issue on GitHub, euantor. Let me know if I can provide any more information to help you diagnose the issue.

Yeah, I responded to it if you could take a look.
Is there a way to "compress" MyAlerts settings and the actual MyAlerts pages into only one page in the User CP? I'm trying to reduce to the essential UCP pages but I don't know how to avoid conflicts and such.
It should be possible. Maybe. I didn't really code it with such a thing in mind.
Seems like I finally succeeded into merging them into one single page. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if anyone else is interested in merging them I will create a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it. Pretty easy though (although it involves a bit of core editing).
(2012-11-18, 05:46 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The whole PM alert needs a big rethink anyway. I just need to get round to doing it.

Any progress on it? Smile
Not just yet I'm afraid. I've been rather busy.
If anyone is interested in this, with the following easy CSS solution you can accomplish a working dropdown popup with auto width and absolute positioning. This is a CSS trick that might be useful not only for MyAlerts dropdown but for any project you're working on which requires absolute positioning and you want it to stretch and fit accordingly to the inside text.

1. Find and replace fixed width with white-space:nowrap

Just open your alerts.css file and replace width:XXXpx within .myalerts_popup class with a nicer white-space:no-wrap. Now the popup should be positioned absolutely plus it will be as width as the content is.

This is a very useful solution in case of long usernames as like as long thread titles. You can obviously add a min-width property to the .myalerts_popup class to set a fixed minimum width.
Don't know why the Yellow color of the new notification in the dropdown don't appear correctly...

[Image: 9TPkN.png]

And also seems to be bad alligned...

Any help? Smile
Could you send me details of a test account so I can look into it?