MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not quite difficult if we modify the subscription query, but that would be an extra core edit, again.
I'm not to bothered about subscribed threads as i don't personally use them but would be nice to get an alert for any thread you have participated in, take this thread for example, i have posted, then say shade posts that will then give me a alert to say some one has posted in this thread.
How to enable all the alerts for everyone on the board?
(2013-05-11, 08:43 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not to bothered about subscribed threads as i don't personally use them but would be nice to get an alert for any thread you have participated in, take this thread for example, i have posted, then say shade posts that will then give me a alert to say some one has posted in this thread.

I'll certainly look at it in the future, but I try to avoid core edits whenever possible.

(2013-05-11, 03:19 PM)Master Mind Wrote: [ -> ]How to enable all the alerts for everyone on the board?

Did you even read the OP?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127444-...#pid987832
(2013-05-11, 03:59 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-11, 08:43 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not to bothered about subscribed threads as i don't personally use them but would be nice to get an alert for any thread you have participated in, take this thread for example, i have posted, then say shade posts that will then give me a alert to say some one has posted in this thread.

I'll certainly look at it in the future, but I try to avoid core edits whenever possible.

Thanks would be good to see even if it was just an extension to the package.
Well you can easily adapt it to behave like that. What I've done so far with Plugins Alerts Pack it's just an hook added to where the subscription event takes place. Taking this quick reference as an example, you are able to easily modify the core query and then install Plugins Alerts Pack.

It's definitely an easy procedure, but modify the core isn't the best approach as Euan keeps on sayin' Big Grin
Thanks, I shall just wait and see if euan can come up with anything to add to the existing plugin.
This script is amazing, thank you very much Smile
You're welcome Smile
Was wondering if anybody had an idea of how I might be able to give the plugin its own button on the header of my forum (like the private message one). If you notice, there is a bar in the header that has your username, PMs, and a logout button. Currently, I have it listed on the dropdown with the user's name (and it's kind of broken in terms of styling). I'd like it to behave much like the private message button. Additionally, the Alerts popup seems to be inheriting CSS styling from the aforementioned bar. Again, would appreciate any help immensely.

http://www.sinister.ly/
user: testuser
pass: testuser

Also, for some reason it hasn't automatically enabled alerts for current users. Will I need to use the script that was posted a while back, or?