MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is such an awesome plugin and those fixes will make it even more so. Thanks Euan. You've made a lot of things possible with this plugin. Smile
(2013-06-27, 07:00 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-27, 02:17 AM)jenny loo who?! Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Euan T,

I don't know what to do about this but when we go to view our alerts settings, it tells me we are missing the .lang.php file. Is this is in the folders anywhere or is it something I have to get from you? Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you're using an old version. Try downloading the current one from GitHub Smile

I did download it from GitHub and still don't have the .lang.php file. I have the myalerts.lang.php file. I'm lost as to what to do because I can't edit out alerts settings.
(2013-06-28, 01:16 AM)jenny loo who?! Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know what to do about this but when we go to view our alerts settings, it tells me we are missing the .lang.php file. Is this is in the folders anywhere or is it something I have to get from you? Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you're using an old version. Try downloading the current one from GitHub Smile

I did download it from GitHub and still don't have the .lang.php file. I have the myalerts.lang.php file. I'm lost as to what to do because I can't edit out alerts settings.
What trouble is it doing to your forum. Because if you are saying, that .lang.php is not there, i too don't have then, and my pluggin is working just fine. I can edit alerts and anything. May be you are doing something wrong.

@Euan T,

MentionMe pluggin is awesome, that you advised me to download and installed. Thanks for that. But it says, it takes to much server resources, so how much member/user i can expect to have in my shared hosting without any trouble for using it?
@new1, MentionMe says it is best to not have the advanced matching turned on if you want to save member resources. Get your members in the habit of always using quotes araound a username and it will be fine.
(2013-06-28, 04:54 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@new1, MentionMe says it is best to not have the advanced matching turned on if you want to save member resources. Get your members in the habit of always using quotes araound a username and it will be fine.
Could you put it by example, really i did not get your point by saying Get your members in the habit of always using quotes araound a username. plus, i need not to have advanced settings turned on?
@new1 Read the MentionMe release thread.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-131448.html

an example of using quotes is in post 7 of that thread.
(2013-06-28, 04:33 AM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]

What trouble is it doing to your forum. Because if you are saying, that .lang.php is not there, i too don't have then, and my pluggin is working just fine. I can edit alerts and anything. May be you are doing something wrong.

@Euan T,

MentionMe pluggin is awesome, that you advised me to download and installed. Thanks for that. But it says, it takes to much server resources, so how much member/user i can expect to have in my shared hosting without any trouble for using it?

Well, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling both the My Alerts and Mention Me plugins. And it worked fine until about an hour ago. Now I'm getting a weird error:
SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

It only comes up when i try to reply to a thread. I also want to note that it's ONLY when I try to make a reply that this error comes up. I can make threads just fine. I uninstall the MyAlerts/Mention Me mod and I can make replies just fine. I'm soooo lost. Perhaps you guys can direct me?

You don't need a .lang.php file. If you're using the latest version from GitHub, there should be no error about it. The error was caused by a spelling mistake on my part (I used a lowercase k when it should have been uppercase K).

@jenny loo who?! Does that error still occur if you disable MentionMe? If so, try disable MyAlerts and see if that stops it. This way we can track down exactly which plugin is causing it.
(2013-06-28, 06:47 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't need a .lang.php file. If you're using the latest version from GitHub, there should be no error about it. The error was caused by a spelling mistake on my part (I used a lowercase k when it should have been uppercase K).

@jenny loo who?! Does that error still occur if you disable MentionMe? If so, try disable MyAlerts and see if that stops it. This way we can track down exactly which plugin is causing it.

@Euan T, yes, it still occurs when MentionMe is disabled. I can leave it enabled on my test site if you'd like, and you can play around to see if its something I did.

ETA: I wanted to edit this and add that the MentionMe plugin works just fine and allows me to tag a user without an issue as well as reply.
Hm, odd. DO you have any other plugins installed that affect new posts?