MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when an user has a PM , if he see it from /private.php directly (without checking alerts) , after reading PM, alerts show same PM as an unread alert yet. is it common?

also it's better, if alerts show with ajax. users should refresh page for reading new alerts! (this will best if it likes fb notifitation compeletly!)
The problem with global templates is that you have to use the same template for different themes. This way users can use different templates for different themes (such as gomobile where you may wish to remove the avatars or something).

Hopefully all goes smoothly. If you experience any error not already filed as bugs please do report them Big Grin
(2012-10-23, 07:10 PM)M.Abbasi Wrote: [ -> ]when an user has a PM , if he see it from /private.php directly (without checking alerts) , after reading PM, alerts show same PM as an unread alert yet. is it common?

also it's better, if alerts show with ajax. users should refresh page for reading new alerts! (this will best if it likes fb notifitation compeletly!)

Yes, this is an issue with the current system. Since I need to rewrite the PM alert type completely I shall look into making this change.

@showing alerts via AJAX, I don't see the point. The nature of a forum is that you change pages and/or refresh fairly often anyway.
A bug I guess, I'm deactivating/reactivating the plugin and upon reactivating, <myalerts_headericon> isn't placed back. Could you confirm this?

And btw, what Abbasi pointed about Ajax, I see a setting about ajax auto refresh, isn't that what he wanted?
That's odd. find_replace_templatesets is a bit temperamental sometimes though. It sometimes refuses to remove the JS on deactivate too.

Re: auto refresh, it only applies to the actual alerts listing page rather than refreshing the header account globally.
Ah. And I cannot find where I can edit templates (for instance <myalerts_headericon>). Right now, I'm editing it from the plugin file and activating/deactivating.

Are templates created anywhere in ACP or PL doesn't create it?
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > *YOUR THEME* > MyAlerts Templates > myalerts_headericon
Again the jquery issues are striking up. The popup automatically now is getting pulled up as soon as I'm clicking the alerts window. Even removed the code we discussed previously from the file. Still.
Check your headerinclude template. It's likely myalerts.js is in there more than once. As I said earlier, sometimes find_replace_templatesets won't remove it for some reason.
(2012-10-23, 07:11 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with global templates is that you have to use the same template for different themes. This way users can use different templates for different themes (such as gomobile where you may wish to remove the avatars or something).

Inserting a template into the global templates doesn't mean you can't style them in a per theme basis. Just create those new templates with the same template title in the template sets where you want to use different style in.