MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok this is a weird one i just installed simple likes on my live board and all is working fine so not sure why it wouldn't work on the test board unless it was something to to with the mybb version, live site is running 169 while test site is running 165.
Don't see what difference it would make, but I'd definitely advise upgrading board version ASAP
due to vulnerabilities in the past.
Thanks for the great plugin.

Is it possible to decrement the number of new alerts when a user views the content on the board? Currently, users often have "new" alerts for content that they have already seen.

Also, viewing the list of alerts seems to unbold all of the alert items which makes it difficult to keep track of which items have already been viewed. It's analogous to having all of your unread PMs marked as read simply by viewing your inbox. Is it possible to only unbold the alert items -- and perhaps only set the alert menu count back to 0 (with an added "Mark All Alerts Read" option, of course) -- when the content has actually been seen on the board?

Apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks again.
The number does decrement, you just need to refresh. How the system currently works is that once you view the alert, it is marked as read. Several members have mentioned a want for it to behave how you wish, but it would take a bit more effort on both my part and on the part of authors integrating with MyAlerts. The current technique is therefore the most optimal solution for the majority.
I will not be upgrading the test board anytime soon I will be upgrading my live board sometime today.
Ok, good luck!
Thanks i'm not sure why it works on the live board but not the test board, as the only difference is the mybb version.

How can i style the like button, so its not just a text link.
Hey euantor,

I got the JS working better than it was. The JavaScript file was missing on server -- I learned that when I opened Developer Tools Toungue.

But since it's in my navbar, when I click to open the alerts popup, it adds height to my navbar, which looks really odd.

Is there something obvious that fixes this? My brain's not thinking in HTML/CSS right now.
I'll have to take a look. Today's my final hand in at Uni so I'll take a look tonight. It depends on the theme really.
I tried inserting a image in the like button template but it as soon as you click the image it dissapears and returns to the text link but when you refresh the page it shows the image.