MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-06, 09:15 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]Which mention plugin for 1.8 will work for the updates alerts?
The Latest Hithub will work. Just download the zip file and the core file. Smile.

It isn't finished yet, so be warned! 
[/quote]

I was asking "which" mentions plugin would work for alerts. As far as I can tell dvz mentions is the only one compatible with 1.8, but it doesn't have the "have to have" features like drop down that wildcards MentionMe does but isn't compatible with 1.8. And which should come first for install, alerts or mentions?
Right now, none of the mention plugins are compatibility with MyAlerts 2.0.

However, I have added MyAlerts capability to MentionMe. You can get it from GitHub here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe However, please note that this is not an official version of the MentionMe plugin and that by adding it to your forum, you do so at your own risk. I've tested it on my forum and it works just fine, but it might not work for you without some tweaking.

You would want to install MyAlerts first.
(2015-01-07, 03:52 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, none of the mention plugins are compatibility with MyAlerts 2.0.

However, I have added MyAlerts capability to MentionMe. You can get it from GitHub here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe However, please note that this is not an official version of the MentionMe plugin and that by adding it to your forum, you do so at your own risk. I've tested it on my forum and it works just fine, but it might not work for you without some tweaking.

You would want to install MyAlerts first.

Do you know which versions would be most stable/compatible? Even on github the author says "2.3.1,2 were both disasters".
I used the latest version of MentionMe and haven't had any problems.

(2015-01-05, 08:13 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The number of unread alerts can be access via $mybb->user, I'll see what I can think of for the actual list of alerts.

Adding $alerts to the myalerts_global_intermediate global variables list seems to work. So it should look like this:
global $templates, $mybb, $lang, $myalerts_headericon, $alerts;

I've got the popup code in my footer now and it's properly showing the list of alerts now that I've done that.
(2015-01-07, 07:56 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]I used the latest version of MentionMe and haven't had any problems.

(2015-01-05, 08:13 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The number of unread alerts can be access via $mybb->user, I'll see what I can think of for the actual list of alerts.

Adding $alerts to the myalerts_global_intermediate global variables list seems to work. So it should look like this:
global $templates, $mybb, $lang, $myalerts_headericon, $alerts;

I've got the popup code in my footer now and it's properly showing the list of alerts now that I've done that.

Sweet! How do do you declare that variable? We have a custom drop down navigation and I'd like to put it in there
(2014-12-22, 07:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Read. The. Thread.

1.8 support is coming. It's in development and is being tested by several members.

Hi there, would this do the work of AJAX PM Notification? (this plugin makes a small warning popup in real time) 
No, this requires a page refresh in the current form, but it is planned to add support for continuous updates in a future release.
Yeah, it would be cool to have an auto-refresh option that you could enable or disable according to board needs or limitations.

As of now, Ajax PM Notification mod is not even upgraded for 1.8, which is not cool.

I'm trying to prepare my board for 1.8 but half of the plugins are missing.
Do we get notification on new replies to a particapted thread ?
When version on 1.8 will be given to download?