MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheers.
installed.works great.

is there a way to make the alert number (1) that displays in your browsers title bar appear before your site name?
our forum has a long name and the alerts are hidden when a lot of tabs are open.

have been asked to integrate this mod http://mods.mybb.com/view/thanks with it.
it hasn't been updated in forever & have visited your integration wiki which to me reads like double dutch.any direction?
(2013-06-18, 02:27 AM)lexicondevil Wrote: [ -> ]installed.works great.

is there a way to make the alert number (1) that displays in your browsers title bar appear before your site name?
our forum has a long name and the alerts are hidden when a lot of tabs are open.

have been asked to integrate this mod http://mods.mybb.com/view/thanks with it.
it hasn't been updated in forever & have visited your integration wiki which to me reads like double dutch.any direction?

The only way to edit the title is to edit myalerts.js. Find this line:

if (typeof unreadAlerts !== 'undefined' && unreadAlerts > 0)
	{
		document.title = document.title + ' (' + unreadAlerts + ')';
	}

Replace with:

{
		document.title = '(' + unreadAlerts + ') ' + document.title;
	}

For the thanks plugin, you have to edit the plugin's core code. Or you can use my SimpleLikes plugin that provides a similar function and is fully MyAlerts integrated: http://www.mybbstuff.com/thread-14.html
(2013-06-18, 06:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
	{
		document.title = (' + unreadAlerts + ') ' + document.title;
	}

I'm no expert, but shouldn't that be this?:
	{
		document.title = ' (' + unreadAlerts + ') ' + document.title;
	}
Yes, yes it should. Good catch Wink
well that was painless Smile
works well

i understand somewhat about themeing buttons to suit but how do I get the number of likes to show in the profile like below & can your system be changed to a similar 'who likes this' as below rather than simple text in the post?
[attachment=29553]

total myBB noob here i just switched last week.
To add the like count to the postbit, check this post: http://www.mybbstuff.com/thread-14-post-657.html#pid657

TO change the likebar, you'll need to edit the psotbit_classic template and simplelikes_likebar. If you post both of those templates, I can try help you out Smile
alrighty then.I had a bit of a fiddle around in there ... tried not to break anything.

simplelikes_likebar
<div class="likebar tcat" id="post_likes_{$post['pid']}">
	{$likeString}
</div>
postbit_classic
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>

{$post['simplelikes']}
{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right">{$post['button_spam']}{$post['button_like']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr style="{$post['tyl_display']}" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}">
    {$post['thankyoulike_data']}
</tr>
</table>

apologies for the double dip question but I'm noticing a cpl things with alerts:

1.*noob error nevermind*
2.if I get a PM it shows up under alerts however it won't dismiss until i actually click on the alert & follow the link to the PM from there.For example if i'm already reading PMs or i go to messages from the 'private messages' link alerts remain red & numbered ?
Never mind, wrong thread.
(2013-06-18, 02:27 AM)lexicondevil Wrote: [ -> ]have been asked to integrate this mod http://mods.mybb.com/view/thanks with it.

lexicondevil, I use that same Thanks plugin by SaeedGh (I use it as a facebook "like" button), and I have integrated it with myAlerts. Let me know if you still want it and I can post the code for you.

I've been using that Thanks plugin for over a year and had made some mods to it. It was easier to write the code than it was to switch to the plugin to make it work with myalerts...