MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, the avatar issue has been brought up several times. I'll work out a fix for that this afternoon/evening.

Subscribed topic alerts have been planned for a while. I'm just working out the most optimal way of doing it.
I have a smaller private forum that I've been running MyAlerts on in preparation of next week (installing it on RC) and I have had no troubles yet at all. Smile

Such a wonderful addition and I agree with whoever said it feels like an integral part of the interface.

(2012-11-05, 12:23 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the avatar issue has been brought up several times. I'll work out a fix for that this afternoon/evening.

Thank you so much! Smile Smile Smile
Was working fine until I decided to change theme.

[Image: e0ecf742b4f54befa0244c2.png]

As shown in the image above, I set it to get alerts on PM and shows up a white box when I click alerts.
(2012-11-08, 06:26 AM)envision Wrote: [ -> ]Was working fine until I decided to change theme.

[Image: e0ecf742b4f54befa0244c2.png]

As shown in the image above, I set it to get alerts on PM and shows up a white box when I click alerts.

You need to add a z-index to your menu.
Sent you a Pm regarding this issue.
So many people have had this issue. It's because of how the theme is coded. For some strange reason it has a max-height property rather than just properly clearing the floats.
Someone asked this question a while ago but I couldn't find it so here is it: is there a way to create another drop down menu with a separate list of PMs notifications such as Vanillaforums or XenForo's one? I don't mean to divide MyAlerts notifications but to create a independent PM "notification" feature which wouldn't rely on MyAlerts code, showing the 3 or 5 last PMs in a drop down list in the header template group?

In other words I'm asking if there's already a plugin which displays the last received PMs. I already know that MyAlerts' Javascript is extensible and I can easily make another drop down list. I'm only worried about its content and how I can show the last received PMs.
There isn't one that I personally know of, no.
(2012-11-08, 10:55 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]So many people have had this issue. It's because of how the theme is coded. For some strange reason it has a max-height property rather than just properly clearing the floats.

How would I go about fixing this issue? Post #?
Which theme is that envision?