MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, will do.
There´s a problem with utf8 chars.

When reply or add or something with this some rare chars appear and inserted on db on previous version this goes fine. That is only the last bug i found.

Ex: Try to send an mp to an user for a new year i use this:

Subject: Felíz año nuevo.
Mesage: Desde nuestro sitio web deseamos que tengas un felíz año nuevo y un mejor inicio de año... etc etc.

When your receive your alert this have two wrong chars and was reflected on this way:

Username sent you a new private message titled " Felu00edz au00f1o nuevo". (2014-11-24 20:30)

And in all alerts this values are afected, the insertion of alert was taken in that way and you can see on all alerts.

Anyway i only want to know how to remove alert on deactivate routine.

Alerts are working so fine only that codification of chars are appearing. And i miss this i use.

$GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->removeAlertTypeByCode('thanks');

And i search for some remove or del value on files but i don't find the right function to do this task, but all works fine i have to remove some data o code you send me and rewrite some parts and works so fine.

Temporally i use the old mettod to remove alert, but maybe there are a better way to remove it:

if($db->table_exists("alert_types")){
	    $alertType = $GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->getByCode('thanks');
		$db->delete_query("alert_types", "alert_type_id='".$alertType."'");
	}

I don't test yet but i supose have to work. Thanks for all Euan T.
1) (UTF-8 characters) Strange. I'll definitely have to test that. How do the subjects display in the database (my_alerts table, look in the extra_details column).
2) That's a good find actually. There is no method at the minute, but I'm adding one right now!
2) Should be fixed, along with an issue submitted by Jones. There are two ways to delete an alert type:

$GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->deleteByCode('thanks');
// OR
$alertType = $GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->getByCode('thanks');
$GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->deleteById($alertType->getId());
(2014-11-24, 08:29 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]2) Should be fixed, along with an issue submitted by Jones. There are two ways to delete an alert type:

$GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->deleteByCode('thanks');
// OR
$GLOBALS['mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_type_manager']->deleteById($alertType->getId());

Is there any ETA for the release of the 1.8 version?
I was hoping to have it done this weekend, but a few family issues (such as my father breaking his leg and dislocating his ankle) made that deadline come flying past. I'm pushing for this coming weekend if possible.
No rush - you should release RC version (including all issues from milestone) and then final - more users = more testing and less bugs Smile
There are some visual issues with dropdown menu or in user cp which I reported some days ago.

MyAlerts is propably one of the most wanted plugin for MyBB Smile Be patient, and Euan - keep good work!
Thanks Euan works fine again Big Grin i downloaded from gitbub and goes very well thanks for this

Abour another question i review first at all db xD. Before send to you a message and test with some alert types, i review file codification and all it's fine but when i go to db, this i have:

{"pm_title":"Felu00edz au00f1o nuevo","pm_id":1}

Data was lose on send, and that's for all alert types on my forum, if i use old alerts version all goes fine and i have two versions working on MyBB 1.8.x but i use both versions and added alerts for some plugins and goes fine, but with 2.0.0 only this common error appears on my database, when i send a pm and i see that.

And this was the results directly...

[Image: 10zbxp2.png]
@Euan - with MyAlerts for MyBB 1.6 - there was an info about alerts in title of tab in browser (something like facebook chat when someone send you a message).

In MyBB 1.8 - I cannot see any change in the name of tab when I have unread alerts...
(2014-11-24, 08:57 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]No rush - you should release RC version (including all issues from milestone) and then final - more users = more testing and less bugs Smile
There are some visual issues with dropdown menu or in user cp which I reported some days ago.

MyAlerts is propably one of the most wanted plugin for MyBB Smile Be patient, and Euan - keep good work!

Yes, I plan to tag a Beta very soon. I just want to ensure there's an upgrade path first Big Grin

(2014-11-24, 09:41 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Euan works fine again Big Grin i downloaded from gitbub and goes very well thanks for this

Abour another question i review first at all db xD. Before send to you a message and test with some alert types, i review file codification and all it's fine but when i go to db, this i have:

{"pm_title":"Felu00edz au00f1o nuevo","pm_id":1}

Data was lose on send, and that's for all alert types on my forum, if i use old alerts version all goes fine and i have two versions working on MyBB 1.8.x but i use both versions and added alerts for some plugins and goes fine, but with 2.0.0 only this common error appears on my database, when i send a pm and i see that.

And this was the results directly...

[Image: 10zbxp2.png]

Bizarre. I'm going to have to test this locally and see if I can track down where it might be happening. Most of the code is fairly similar, with only slight differences in place.

(2014-11-24, 10:07 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Euan - with MyAlerts for MyBB 1.6 - there was an info about alerts in title of tab in browser (something like facebook chat when someone send you a message).

In MyBB 1.8 - I cannot see any change in the name of tab when I have unread alerts...

Hm. I think the JS is still there, but I can't remember calling the function - which is probably why it doesn't work. I'll add an issue on GitHub to remind myself Toungue