MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-22, 03:32 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You are using a modified version of the apart theme? That is, you modified the original theme - looking at your board you did. As Euan says, he cannot allow for every Css variant out there.

Try using that code on #panel .upper.

This is the vanilla theme, didn't modify anything except adding a link to the header.

The only #panel lines I have are:

#panel .links {
#panel .remember_me input {
#panel

Trust me when I say that I haven't modified anything on the theme, I wouldn't even know what I was getting into.
very odd. I can see that line in your css. On line 140 of your global css. Try doing what Euan suggested in the post I linked and add the clear div.

I will fiddle about with the css.

EDIT: doh, not logged in. The panel lower is only visible in the MEMBER mode Big Grin #panel .lower is on line 147 of globalcss. Try editing at the style sheet in advanced mode.

The fix from Euan should work. Just do what it says.
I am an absolute idiot. I was looking at the wrong global.css

Sorry for my ignorance but thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
Glad you guys managed to get it sorted Smile
It might be an idea to post a link to that fix post in the first post Euan. Apart theme (most popular MyBB theme out there) does not play nice with MyAlerts.

That is a lot of confuzzled users.
Consider it done Smile I'll add it to the Wiki too.
hi all..I have a little problem with trhe installation Smile

I installed PluginLibrary 11 and it is working OK (I receive the green "The selected plugin does not have to be activated." message so I presume the file is in the correct location

I uploaded the MyAlerts files correctly as I can see the MyAlerts plugin in the list but when I click on Install & Activate I receive a RED ERROR MESSAGE saying "This plugin requires PluginLibrary 9 or newer"

I just dloaded again and from github as well...same problem Sad

tried using pluginlibrary 9 - 10 or 11 again same problem Sad

any idea ?
thank you
Roberto

EDIT installed avoiding the pluginlibrary check this way in the alerts.php file

//if ((int) $PL->version < 9) {
// flash_message('This plugin requires PluginLibrary 9 or newer', 'error');
// admin_redirect('index.php?module=config-plugins');
//}
That's... odd. Could you screencap your plugins directory from filezilla?
(2013-01-22, 06:25 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]That's... odd. Could you screencap your plugins directory from filezilla?

yup....

I think I have another little problem but I would like you to screencap your ACP Board Settings...I will screencap mine so that you can see what I mean Wink

PLUGINS
[attachment=28390]

ACP SETTINGS
[attachment=28391]
You should uninstall the hello_pl plugin as that's an example for developers only.

But it's interesting that you could install it, as it also checks for the PluginLibrary version and refuses to install if it's too old.

So something is fishy about your issue... if the check works for hello_pl why would it fail for myalerts?

The empty settings group name is also interesting; most likely a plugin using $lang when creating the group, and the language file missing. Settings should be created in English (statically) and then translated by settings language file, that's how MyBB does it anyway. That way if there is no language file for your specific language, the settings still show up - in English.

PluginLibrary's settings() function actually has an option to output such a language file for the developer to use. Google SEO's googleseo_settings.lang.php is generated that way.