MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-05, 11:08 PM)TBO29 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the problem here in this code:

$maxDimensions = str_replace('|', 'x', $mybb->settings['myalerts_avatar_size']);

$outputAlert['avatar'] = format_avatar($fromUser['avatar'], $mybb->settings['myalerts_avatar_size'], $maxDimensions);
       $outputAlert['avatar']['image'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($outputAlert['avatar']['image']);

If you can't reproduce it, then it might conflict with another plugin. I will make an exclusion check. Can it be a  problem with cache?

The previous code with fixed dimensions worked fine. Anyway I will check more accurately.

Edited: Checked. It conflicts with profilecomments, but the avatars of received alerts are still taking size of chosen configuration in MyAlerts configuration, in my case 34x34. See attachment.

In this test board, the admin blondie received alerts for pm's sent from TShadow and pippo and their avatars changed to 34x34, whilst the avatar from blondie remained with the default dimensions. Now receiving an alert from blondie, the default size also will change to 34x34. This happens on the member list, the profile and postbit. No other plugins were activated. Default theme.

Very odd. It shouldn't cause any type of conflict as the format_avatar function shouldn't change the image or anything except return the dimensions and image path. I'll triple check this though to see what might be causing it.
It now works or at least it doesn't give me any issue with the usage.
There are just a bunch of things that you should fix:
  1. Javascript window to view alerts directly from the page you are doesn't work and instead it redirects you on the alerts page!
  2. Visualizzation in the left list on the UCP - it's from MyBB 1.6 and the expand-reduce icons are showing as non-existing images!
Said all of this, it can be officially be released for MyBB 1.8.x!
1. Strange, it works on my test board. Can you check the JavaScript console for errors?
2. What do you mean it's from 1.6? it looks alright on mine.
I dont have any problems... you have to download latest build and delete all old templates from myalerts...
(2014-12-07, 02:23 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]1. Strange, it works on my test board. Can you check the JavaScript console for errors?
2. What do you mean it's from 1.6? it looks alright on mine.
It doesn't wok on my live board with MyBB 1.8.3 (running PHP 5.4.34 and MySQLi 5.1.49). The link is this: IGC Board - Please check it out!

(2014-12-07, 02:26 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have any problems... you have to download latest build and delete all old templates from myalerts...
I'm sure this is the latest build version from the GitHub!
Disable all your plugin and test it Smile
(2014-12-07, 02:40 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Disable all your plugin and test it Smile
I just disabled all of my plugins excluding MyAlerts but still the JS Window doesn't work.
P.S. I just checked out and I noticed I've installed 1.05 version but I do not know if it's latest version. There still are the prototype jscripts pages to upload!
Well so far, it works for me. The link on the Alert window for deleting all alerts does nothing. It says, it deleted all Alerts, but they are still there. The links on the ucp are all working fine and also the display is ok.

I think the modal window could be fine as it is. Who wants it differently, can redesign it with CSS. I'm still not sure if I prefer the modal window or will go back to the popup.

I did a workaround for the avatar problem, but I'm sure it will be no problem for you Euan to adjust it. You can see it happening live on Dark Neos' Forum. I did send an alert to myself and my avatar shrinked from 100x100 to 64x64.
I'm sorry it was my bad because I was using 1.05 version.
I'm now running the 2.0.0 version and everything works fine.

Do you think I can already use this plugin on a live board?
Why not Smile I use it... anyway I hope @Euan will have some time during holiday and final version will be there soon )