MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-13, 07:43 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]As in you can't see the other alerts? Have you looked at the full alerts page? What exactly do you mean? Any chance of a screenshot?

Nevermind, I believe it isn't a problem with your plugin, more so the theme.
Thanks!
I've been waiting for all this time and this plugin hasn't been released yet by the author.
Maybe it won't ever come out.
It really is staggering the entitlement that some people feel... I'm working on this for free, in my free time. If you want an alerts plugin done quicker, I suggest you hire a developer to make you one. otherwise, be patient.
@Euan T, I agree completely and applaud you for standing up for yourself. I am waiting patiently for this plugin and will be more than grateful when you are done. Until then you are a rock star for doing all you do.

BTW: Still want to do some sort of fundme, but not sure how that works for free plugins and this site protocol.
(2015-01-15, 08:05 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It really is staggering the entitlement that some people feel... I'm working on this for free, in my free time. If you want an alerts plugin done quicker, I suggest you hire a developer to make you one. otherwise, be patient.

I'd rather you take your time and release a quality alerts system.   Heart

My forum has been on mybb for coming up on 2 years and I never used the alerts plugin.  After being active on a few XF boards I realized how convenient it is to be notified when someone quotes one of your posts.

A few of my members (who dont like the idea of alerts) would like to know if there's a way to disable the system or if there's way to have the system turned off by default (and the members who want alerts can switch it on manually). 
(2015-01-16, 01:47 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-15, 08:05 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It really is staggering the entitlement that some people feel... I'm working on this for free, in my free time. If you want an alerts plugin done quicker, I suggest you hire a developer to make you one. otherwise, be patient.

I'd rather you take your time and release a quality alerts system.   Heart

My forum has been on mybb for coming up on 2 years and I never used the alerts plugin.  After being active on a few XF boards I realized how convenient it is to be notified when someone quotes one of your posts.

A few of my members (who dont like the idea of alerts) would like to know if there's a way to disable the system or if there's way to have the system turned off by default (and the members who want alerts can switch it on manually). 

Users can disable all of the alert types, but the text would still appear in the header. I'll consider hiding it for people with all alert types disabled. 
Good idea!
I'm sure this will be released when you have the time and its working 100%, people just need to be thankful that this is for FREE.

Thanks for providing the development version on GitHub!
Waiting for Mybb 1.8.x
OK, SMF 2.1 contains new alerts and mention system... I hope that we will also have this alerts feature in mybb soon Smile

EDIT: I think that alerts should be incorporated in MyBB 2.0 in core with mentions and like system