MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-12, 07:47 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It will set every alert to on, no matter what unfortunately. The MyAlerts core already handles new registrations so they automatically have alerts enabled (or, at least, it should).

(2013-06-16, 09:15 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment they are not on by default, you are not doing anything wrong.

Thanks for your reply JordanMussi, I though they were ON by default.
Is there any option to make them ON by default?
I was doing some testing yesterday and I also did not see the Alerts enabled by default for new users.

I have a heavily modified registration page and use default profile mod for new users.

Is there something I need to add to get the alerts enabled by default for NEW users? I have MyAlerts (1.04)
Maybe I'm wrong, but every board I've joined they seem to be off by default.

@Leefish: Do you want checkboxes on the registration page or the alerts enabled by default?
I would like the alerts I have selected as available enabled by default for new users, or at least to know that they are NOT enabled by default so I can think of way to get the users to choose after registration as I don't want a load of checkboxes on my registration page.

I must say, there are some alerts that I don't need enabling - I have PM Alerts off and use an alternative method of telling users they have a pm.
They should be enabled for new users, but it could be an issue with the code. It used to work for the old settings system - maybe I mucked up updating it when I changed the settings system. I'll look into it.
Thanks Euan.

Is there any chance of having a look at the rep thing while you are there? If it is too much of a PITA to update the code on the master, if you could indicate what I need to change locally that would be great.
I will do Smile
Same situation like Leefish. I modified the registration site following these steps:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-122216-...#pid884483
Maybe that helps.
Thanks!
I have a issue... On the drop down menu (nex to the user-cp), the coding is adding a space between "quoted you in a post."... Which is supposed to be "quoted you in a post." How can i fix that?
Could you screenshot the issue for me please?